Vancouver, British Columbia
Technology Development /
We are seeking a Manufacturing Technician to join Aspect’s technology development team. Reporting to the Production Supervisor, you will assemble our microfluidic printheads from start to finish. You will follow written procedures and ensure our printheads are manufactured according to the highest quality principles and provide feedback for continuous improvement. Printheads are at the heart of Aspect’s technology, and you will be joining a critical team with a direct impact on the company’s success and the patients we are on a mission to treat.
- Fabricate high-quality microfluidic devices.
- Conduct standard tests on microfluidic devices to assess performance.
- Receive, inspect, and keep an inventory of production parts and components.
- Keep production logs and record data associated with operating equipment.
- Operate various lab equipment/instruments and perform regular maintenance procedures.
- Provide feedback and support for continuous improvement of processes and projects.
- Certificate or technical training with 2 – 4 years of experience assembling technical instrumentation components or similar, in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience using ERP systems, Microsoft Excel and or Google Sheets will be an asset.
- Familiarity with microscopes and similar instrumentation, and cleanroom operations is advantageous.
Who You Are
- Detail-Oriented & Meticulously Organized: You have outstanding attention to detail and take pride in your work. You can multitask, prioritize competing deadlines, and have a track record for delivering work on time.
- Thrive in Ambiguity: You are highly adaptable, agile, and poised when faced with change, ambiguity, and competing priorities.
- Collaborative: You thrive in a multi-disciplinary team environment and believe that we can get further, faster by working together.
- Effective Communicator: You are an active listener who can effectively communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
- Go-Getter: You work with a sense of urgency, are results-driven, and thrive in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and entrepreneurial environment. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.
Who We Are
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company creating bioprinted tissue therapeutics to transform how we treat disease. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to create a new class of regenerative medicine and work towards a future where our bioprinted tissues are used to save lives and make people healthier. We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Every person on our team is a key contributor to our success and is eager to roll up their sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. If you are committed to making a real impact and accelerating the development of life-changing therapies, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
At Aspect Biosystems, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or terminate, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.