Vancouver, British Columbia
Technology Development /
We are seeking a Microfluidics Engineer to join our Technology Development and Engineering team. This is a hands-on role on designing and evaluating new microfluidic printheads with function, performance, and manufacturability in mind. Printheads are a core part of Aspects bioprinting tissue manufacturing technology and a uniquely enabling factor driving our tissue therapeutic programs. In this role, you will work closely with Printhead Manufacturing, Engineering, and Therapeutic teams to come up with printhead designs that meet challenging requirements and have the opportunity to drive significant impact within the organization.
- Conceive, design, test, and characterize new microfluidic printheads.
- Maintain expert knowledge of state-of-the-art microfluidic designs, features, fabrication processes, and device architectures.
- Translate winning prototypes to robust, reliable, and manufacturable products.
- Develop new manufacturing, development, and characterization processes.
- Identify realistic and innovative solutions to technical challenges.
- Rigorously document all work, following and championing documentation and standards.
- Contribute to intellectual property filings, scientific publications, and other written technical content
- Education: Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics or similar, with experience focused on microfluidic technology development, preferably in an industrial setting for 3 plus years.
- Domain Expert: You have a physics-based understanding of fluid behaviour at the microscale and are intimately familiar with microfluidic design and manufacturing methods and materials. You understand the implications of working with biological materials in a microfluidics context.
Who you are
- Problem Solver: You love immersing yourself in difficult technical problems and coming up with solutions that work. You think outside the box and use your experience, understanding of physics and intuition to identify when such solutions are realistic.
- Effective Communicator: You communicate effectively both within and across technical domains, enjoy explaining highly technical concepts plainly, and hunger to learn about the other fields at the intersection of tissue therapeutics.
- Collaborator: You thrive in a diverse multi-disciplinary team environment and believe that we can go further, faster by working together.
Who We Are
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company creating bioprinted tissue therapeutics to transform how we treat disease. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to create a new class of regenerative medicine and work towards a future where our bioprinted tissues are used to save lives and make people healthier. We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Every person on our team is a key contributor to our success and is eager to roll up their sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. If you are committed to making a real impact and accelerating the development of life-changing therapies, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
At Aspect Biosystems, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or terminate, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.