Technical Lead, Software Engineer (Remote)
United States /
Tech – Engineering /
Full-time - Remote
Aspiration is in the business of fighting the climate crisis. We help people and businesses build sustainable impact into what they do every day by making it easy, automated, and powerful -- whether it is in the ways people spend and save their money or the ways businesses engage their customers and employees. Across our initiatives--from our debit and credit cards to our global scale reforestation and carbon credit projects--the estimated cumulative climate impact of the Aspiration community thus far is the equivalent of taking every car in the state of Wyoming off the road for a year. With more than 7 million members, over $550 million in funding to date, and a commitment to plant one billion trees by 2030, Aspiration is not only a certified B Corporation but has been named to the “Best for the World” list of the top five percent of highest scored certified B Corporations five times in a row.
Our Core Values are Aspiration’s guiding principles:
Action: We take initiative. We are doers, not bystanders.
Boldness: We don’t tinker, we transform.
Customer-Centered: Our customers are at the core of our business. Delivering for them is our North Star.
Diligence & Dedication: We do what we say we’re going to do, when we say we’re going to do it.
Entrepreneurial: Act like an entrepreneur not an employee, generate results for the company and customers everyday.
As a Technical Lead, Software Engineer, your primary role will be focused on mentoring and coaching high performing teams while writing, reviewing and testing code. We’re looking for someone who thrives on solving complex problems, super passionate about finding innovative solutions, excites our customers and inspires colleagues. If you are motivated by challenge and high growth this is a perfect role for you. Our engineering culture is engaged and mission driven. We believe that anyone can make an impact and are looking for people who want to make a difference and impact the world with their technical skills and also collaborate and work alongside highly motivated and engaged teammates. We embrace our core values and want our engineers to be Action oriented and think Boldly while keeping our Customer Experience top of mind. Our team is Dedicated and we put on our Entrepreneurial hats and take ownership over the products we work on. We support each other while working in a fun and fast paced environment and look to challenge ourselves to grow and improve daily. There are opportunities to make an impact at Aspiration that can help the rest of the world and we are looking to bring the best and brightest individuals who align to this cause to join our Engineering team and make a difference.
What You'll Do
- Mentor and coach a team of high-performing software engineers; while actively writing code on a daily basis.
- Be accountable for the team's continuous improvement and for engineers’ technical growth, engaging in performance and “stretch” conversations on a regular and consistent basis.
- Ensure communication flows effectively from the bottom of the organization up to engineering leadership level, acting as liaison between technical engineers and strategic engineering leaders.
- Champion engineering excellence, establishing business metrics, and drive continuous operational improvement. Provide guidance across the stack and lead architectural discussions to scale the product.
- Act as technical leader with hands on domain knowledge that enables you to troubleshoot code issues and contribute to technical discussions with the with TA and Engineering management to recruit a diverse team of engineers in partnership with Aspiration’s people team.
- Assist in promoting a collaborative and inclusive environment by ensuring you champion Aspiration’s values at every interaction paramount to our impact and success.
- Provide meaningful code reviews to other engineers consistent with Aspiration’s high technical bar.
- Exhibit strong project management mindset, driving decision making and working cross-functionally to influence product and process decisions.
- Provide concise and timely status updates to all stakeholders on project progress.
What You'll Bring
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related professional work experience; can sponsor visa transfers for qualified candidates.
- Experience with modern cloud based distributed systems and microservices based architecture
- 1+ years of people or project lead experience
- Proven track record of creating and managing high performing teams
- Demonstrated creative problem solving and analytical skills
- Bonus points if you’ve worked for or scaled a high growth start up
What You'll Get
- Work for a mission-driven company to transform the lives of millions by building a better, values-oriented financial firm.
- Opportunity to be part of and to contribute to ESG, as a steward of social and environmental change.
- Participation opportunities in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion employee activities and events
- Robust benefit offerings, including medical, dental, vision and 401k.
- Parental Leave expansion (12 weeks of paid leave over the course of a year)
- Pet Insurance and other voluntary benefit plan offerings
- Unlimited vacation time and 80 hours of sick time annually
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Work from home setup and equipment reimbursement
- Semi - annual performance reviews
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
Aspiration is proud to be an ESG company. We are an equal opportunity workplace. Diversity at Aspiration is not just compliance-driven. Diversity is our compass to drive equitable practices; to celebrate individuality; and to foster the uniqueness within each of us that makes our products, services, and culture better than most. Yes, we are proud to be a DEI company and we encourage everyone, inside and outside of Aspiration, to show up as you are and as you want to be, every day.
This organization participates in E-Verify. Find more information here!