Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
United States /
Innovation – Innovation /
Aspiration is in the business of fighting the climate crisis. We help people and businesses build sustainable impact into what they do every day by making it easy, automated, and powerful -- whether it is in the ways people spend and save their money or the ways businesses engage their customers and employees. Across our initiatives--from our debit and credit cards to our global scale reforestation and carbon credit projects--the estimated cumulative climate impact of the Aspiration community thus far is the equivalent of taking every car in the state of Wyoming off the road for a year. With more than 7 million members, over $550 million in funding to date, and a commitment to plant one billion trees by 2030, Aspiration is not only a certified B Corporation but has been named to the “Best for the World” list of the top five percent of highest scored certified B Corporations five times in a row.
Our Core Values are Aspiration’s guiding principles:
Action: We take initiative. We are doers, not bystanders.
Boldness: We don’t tinker, we transform.
Customer-Centered: Our customers are at the core of our business. Delivering for them is our North Star.
Diligence & Dedication: We do what we say we’re going to do, when we say we’re going to do it.
Entrepreneurial: Act like an entrepreneur not an employee, generate results for the company and customers everyday.
What You'll Do
- Provide project management support for key corporate initiatives led by SVP, Strategic Initiatives as part of Aspiration’s Innovation Team.
- Provide project management leadership to support ideation, validation, business plan development, partner negotiations, and development of go-to-market strategies for climate-friendly consumer financial services and enterprise carbon services.
- Manage across multiple internal and external teams to achieve innovation goals of priority initiatives
- Support management of key financial services and data partner/vendor relationships
- Create long- and short-term project plans, including setting targets for milestones, adhering to deadlines, and allocating resources where necessary
- Assist in the definition of project scope and goals; then build out the project plan independently
- Liaise with project stakeholders concerning details and deliverables, and keep projects aligned with goals and timelines
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Experience in financial services supporting product design, launch and management; background in credit a strong plus
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects concurrently
- Knowledge of project management methodologies (e.g., agile/scrum)
- Startup/tech company experience a plus
- Problem-solving and time management skills with keen attention to detail
What You'll Get
- Work for a mission-driven company to transform the lives of millions by building a better, values-oriented financial firm.
- Opportunity to be part of and to contribute to ESG, as a steward of social and environmental change.
- Participation opportunities in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion employee activities and events
- Robust benefit offerings, including medical, dental, vision and 401k.
- Parental Leave expansion (12 weeks of paid leave over the course of a year)
- Pet Insurance and other voluntary benefit plan offerings
- Unlimited vacation time and 80 hours of sick time annually
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Work from home setup and equipment reimbursement
- Semi - annual performance reviews
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
Aspiration is proud to be an ESG company. We are an equal opportunity workplace. Diversity at Aspiration is not just compliance-driven. Diversity is our compass to drive equitable practices; to celebrate individuality; and to foster the uniqueness within each of us that makes our products, services, and culture better than most. Yes, we are proud to be a DEI company and we encourage everyone, inside and outside of Aspiration, to show up as you are and as you want to be, every day.
This organization participates in E-Verify. Find more information here!