Senior Software Engineer - Agent Tools
Seattle, WA or Remote /
Technology – Engineering /
About the Position
This position is responsible for defining the future of the innovative and complex Assurance communication platform. In this highly technical role, you will own a feature set and drive a roadmap that will enable thousands of our independent agents to seamlessly interact with millions of customers across a variety of mediums. Your focus will largely be on integrating and managing a full suite of services that provide the digital capabilities that power our communications platform.
The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of cloud development and are proficient in cloud patterns and services. Collaborative teamwork is your primary mode of operation. You’re not shy about reaching out to others with questions and you’re eager to support your peers in their work. At the same time, you understand what ownership and accountability for your individual work means. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where priorities can shift rapidly as we corner opportunity. You’re ready to change the world of insurance, and you know that all starts with high quality software and services.
- Have 6+ years of practical experience developing distributed service-based applications
- Have a track record of designing, developing and shipping complex software projects that required cross-team collaboration
- Be proficient in at least one high-level programming language such as Python or Ruby
- Have strong debugging and systems analysis skills to be able to identify and quickly resolve or mitigate issues
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be comfortable working with AWS services
- Have practical experience developing APIs for the modern world
Assurance offers the best online insurance shopping experience; within minutes a customer can have instantly approved life, health, auto, or home coverage. We’ve simplified the online checkout process so that customers can get covered instantly online, and we’ve also built an on-demand workforce of licensed insurance agents that can speak with customers who want to talk to an expert, 24x7. Powering all of this is a cloud-first, event-driven, service-oriented-architecture, using the latest software frameworks. We combine our web technology with data science models at every step to make intelligent decisions about how we market to customers, what policies we recommend, and which agents we match to customers. Our mission is to make insurance easier, cheaper, and higher quality, for everyone – not just the affluent. Our team is humble, driven, and committed to improving the lives of millions.
We’ve pioneered many new technologies and are proud of many world-first technical achievements. We are the only company to pay commissions to on-demand workers with a real-time payment solution, so money earned is deposited into their bank accounts instantly, every day of the year; and to pay dynamic bonus rewards generated in real-time by machine learning models during phone sales calls. We developed a voice signature technology to enable customers to conveniently sign for their insurance policy over the phone. We built a completely serverless telephony platform that uses dozens of machine learning models to automatically optimize how we place phone calls to customers and connect them with sales agents on the platform.
In September 2019, Assurance was acquired by Prudential (NYSE:PRU; $36B market cap) to further the joint mission of improving financial wellness across the world. We are at the forefront of this exciting mission and are looking for experienced software engineers who are excited about the chance to rethink the insurance industry from the ground up in a technology-first manner.
We have 4 engineering offices worldwide in Seattle (headquarters), Toronto, Ft. Lauderdale, and Kathmandu. Each office has many teams of engineers; each team owns a set of software applications and business functionality. We work collaboratively across time zones and geographies, using Slack, Zoom, Github, and email. Engineers in remote offices will typically visit headquarters once or twice per year.
Review our CCPA policies here.
Choose Assurance Because:
· Exceptional base salary plus bonus structure
· Comprehensive benefits which include, medical, dental, vision, 401K and more
· Unlimited paid vacation, sick leave, plus paid holidays.
· Growth opportunities, advance your career rapidly, we offer leadership development training and promote from within.
· Ongoing coaching and career development including individual and group coaching sessions.
· Fast paced, high performance environment.