Human Resources Manager
Remote (US) /
People – Human Resources /
Assurance IQ is a technology company headquartered in Seattle. We were acquired by Prudential (NYSE: PRU) to further the joint mission of improving financial wellness across the world.
Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, and business professionals work every day to expand our product offerings and the reach of our platform. We simplify the complex world of insurance and financial services into straightforward, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We start by asking customers a few questions, so our system can learn about their needs; from there, our ground-breaking, proprietary platform takes over and analyzes the thousands of data points that make customers unique. This is how we create custom-tailored plans for each customer; plans built precisely for their needs and budget. Our platform serves as the intersection between customer and seller, technology, and the human touch.
At Assurance, we are innovative, persevering, collaborative, calculated, and authentic, and we're working together to improve the lives of millions!
Human Resources Manager, Assurance IQ
The Human Resources Manager serves as a “first point of contact” for a specified client group for employees’ HR needs. They provide thought partnership and counsel to managers, advise employees and managers to address root causes of human resources issues, and resolve employee performance issues with a systematic approach.
In partnership with the designated Senior HR Business Partner, the Human Resources Manager supports the development and execution of a people plan for the organization to address short and long-term management issues. They develop strong business relationships with employees and managers across the client organization.
The Human Resources Manager also collaborates with the client group, Senior Business Partner, and other HR partners (i.e., total rewards, recruiting, etc.) and participates in company-wide programs and initiatives (e.g., annual review, culture work, organizational change, etc.).
HR Annual and Foundational Process Work
Manages human resources ROB (rhythm of the business) practices, programs, and processes for the designated teams in coordination with COE partners, including annual review, merit/bonus, talent review, employee engagement survey, etc.
Participates as a key contributor to the creation, development, and implementation of foundational HR programs and processes like job architecture.
Shapes manage, implement and integrate these practices, programs, and processes to ensure they are repeatable, proactive, and integrated.
Provide feedback/ “voice of the client” to COE partners on business practices to support the development and creation of client-ready annual process work.
Manager Coaching, Development
In collaboration with the Senior HR Business Partner, partners and consults with managers and leaders in the client organization on organizational initiatives including organizational design, talent management, leadership development, team/manager effectiveness, headcount, and workforce planning.
Acts as a trusted partner to managers to solve both team and individual people issues, bringing HR expertise to bear.
Collaborates with Center of Excellence (C0E) partners (i.e., total rewards, development) to create and implement solutions to build a robust organization and create a work environment consistent with the organization’s values and culture evolution.
Employee Performance Management
Acts as a Subject Matter Expert on employee relations for exempt employees.
Builds management capability to facilitate an open, inclusive environment that enables effective employee relations.
Implements processes to proactively identify and address employee issues.
Proactively advises leaders/managers regarding HR guidelines and policies and responds to employees' and managers' inquiries.
Works with Human Resources partners, and when appropriate, Legal on performance management matters.
Partners with leaders/managers to ensure timely and effective feedback and performance management with employees.
Strategizes with leaders/managers on reductions in force, conducting notification meetings, and preparing appropriate documentation.
Helps facilitate difficult conversations with employees/managers.
Core Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in the successful management of employee relations activities General functional HR skills, both transactional and strategic
- Ability to diagnose problems and identify and drive appropriate solutions
- Project management skills
- Strong business acumen with client orientation and relationship management experience In-depth knowledge of HR trends, best practices and regulatory issues
- Working knowledge of compensation practices Knowledge and application of group facilitation techniques
- Conflict management and de-escalation skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS office with the willingness to deepen skills in analytical tools and the ability to learn and adapt to new HRIS technology
- Basic knowledge and some experience in organizational design principles
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required, advanced degree a plus
- 7+ years of experience, in a client-facing HR role
- Credentials in Business, HR, or Organizational Psychology helpful
Choose Assurance Because:
· Exceptional base salary plus bonus structure
· Comprehensive benefits which include, medical, dental, vision, 401K and more
· Unlimited paid vacation, sick leave, plus paid holidays.
· Growth opportunities, advance your career rapidly, we offer leadership development training and promote from within.
· Ongoing coaching and career development including individual and group coaching sessions.
· Fast paced, high performance environment.