Business Intelligence Analyst - Finance
At Assurance we are disrupting the antiquated and inefficient world of insurance and financial services. Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, and business professionals are modernizing how people obtain and manage their financial life all through our powerful platform ecosystem. We are rapidly growing as we expand our product offerings and global footprint, and this growth continues to present new and exciting challenges as we push our industry into its future. We eliminate waste throughout the industry and calculate the complex into simple, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We are humble, driven, and committed to improving the lives of millions.
The Assurance Finance is seeking a dynamic BI Analyst who thrives in a fast paced, highly analytical, collaborative culture supporting our innovative and rapidly growing company. The team member will partner closely within Finance and with key leaders across the company to develop forecasting and business intelligence solutions that drive better and faster decisions.
Assurance and our Finance team are built upon a foundation of world class technology, data science and human talent that are combined to solve tough business problems through insights and execution. We’re looking for someone with experience or ability to learn tools like Anaplan cloud based analytics and forecasting, along with modern visualization programs (we are agnostic regarding choice of visualization platform – we are most interested in choosing the best platforms for our environment that enable the team to quickly gather insights and effectively tell the financial and business story).
In this role you will own and drive results on the following tasks:
- Design and build integrated, intuitive and compelling dashboards that provide actionable insights
- Use SQL and other analytical tools to connect to data sources in an automatically and efficiently
- Support the development of forecasting and business intelligence models and visualizations
- Aid in the development of real time analytics, regular monthly and quarterly forecasting, and business analysis packages to be used by senior management
- Collaborate with business leaders to understand and analyze key business drivers
- Analysis of data to provide key insights used to drive key business decision
- BS in Finance, Data, MIS, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics or similar quantitative/analytical fields
- At least 4 years of total relevant BI/Analyst job experience
- At least 2 years of practical experience using modern BI Tools
- Experience in Finance or related quantitative field (understanding of basic accounting and finance skills is a plus)
- Experience in SQL and ability to query data from underlying relational databases
- Ability to create dashboards that generate insights
- Strong Excel, Access and PowerPoint is a plus
You seek out and thrive in a fluid environment by ruthlessly prioritizing and effectively managing through change and ambiguity. You have a strong work ethic and a drive to exceed expectations with superior analytic, quantitative, and problem-solving skills. Your communication and interpersonal skills are strong, and collaboration is your primary mode of operation. You bring a positive attitude and willingness to partner to all the work that you encounter. You want to work in a high achieving environment where you will create great value while growing your ability exponentially.