Director, Financial Reporting & Assistant Controller
Seattle, WA or Newark, NJ /
Finance – Financial Reporting /
Assurance IQ is a technology company headquartered in Seattle. We were acquired by Prudential (NYSE: PRU) to further the joint mission of improving financial wellness across the world.
Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, and business professionals work every day to expand our product offerings and the reach of our platform. We simplify the complex world of insurance and financial services into straightforward, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We start by asking customers a few questions, so our system can learn about their needs; from there, our ground-breaking, proprietary platform takes over and analyzes the thousands of data points that make customers unique. This is how we create custom-tailored plans for each customer; plans built precisely for their needs and budget. Our platform serves as the intersection between customer and seller, technology, and the human touch.
At Assurance, we are innovative, persevering, collaborative, calculated, and authentic, and we're working together to improve the lives of millions!
Assurance IQ is hiring a Director to lead the Financial Reporting & Controllership team. They are looking for an individual who thrives in a fast-paced, analytical, and collaborative environment, supporting an innovative and rapidly growing company disrupting the Financial Wellness space. The position will roll up into the CFO organization and will play an important role for the company in telling the Assurance story.
In this role, the successful candidate will gain an understanding of the accounting and business models, key drivers of performance, all while developing as a leader in the organization. The successful candidate will lead the close processes, build upon the control environment, run the accounting for strategic initiatives, and drive process improvements across the team.
The Assurance team is built upon a foundation of world-class technology, data science, and human talent that are combined to solve tough business and customer problems through the generation of insights and execution. The successful candidate thrives in an ever-changing environment and loves to dive deep into the details to draw insights that drive valuable business outcomes.
- Develop and communicate Assurance’s financial story through the preparation of the results review materials
- Manage a team of associates through the day-to-day accounting and close processes
- Partner with technology teams to work through financial reporting and accounting issues
- Point person to develop new accounting policies and processes for AIQ’s new initiatives
- Prepare and lead annual SOX walkthroughs
- Thought leader and driver of process improvements across the CFO organization
- Bachelor's degree required - in accounting, or a related field
- CPA, preferred; MBA, a plus
- 7+ years of experience in Controllership and Financial Reporting within Financial Services, e-Brokers, or Fin/Insurtech
- Experience with reporting and analytical tools including Oracle, Power BI, Looker, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Preferred Experiences and Attributes:
- Open minded, curious, and eager to learn
- Proven track record of team building and process improvements
- Ability to research, analyze and interpret complex data and accounting issues and formulate recommendations
- Able to grasp and apply new concepts quickly
- Collaborative and team-oriented, able to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Aptitude to effectively prioritize concurrent responsibilities and meet timelines
$162,000 - $180,000 a year
Note: Assurance is required by multiple state and city laws to include the salary range on position postings when hiring in those specific locals. The salary range for this position will be between $162,000 - $180,000 and may be eligible for additional bonus or commission plans + benefits. Eligibility to participate in the bonus or commission plans is subject to the rules governing those programs, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and/or organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.
Choose Assurance Because:
· Exceptional base salary plus bonus structure
· Comprehensive benefits which include, medical, dental, vision, 401K and more
· Unlimited paid vacation, sick leave, plus paid holidays.
· Growth opportunities, advance your career rapidly, we offer leadership development training and promote from within.
· Ongoing coaching and career development including individual and group coaching sessions.
· Fast paced, high performance environment.