Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Core Team
Remote (US or Canada) /
Technology – Core /
Assurance IQ is a technology company headquartered in Seattle. We were acquired by Prudential (NYSE: PRU) to further the joint mission of improving financial wellness across the world.
Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, and business professionals work every day to expand our product offerings and the reach of our platform. We simplify the complex world of insurance and financial services into straightforward, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We start by asking customers a few questions, so our system can learn about their needs; from there, our ground-breaking, proprietary platform takes over and analyzes the thousands of data points that make customers unique. This is how we create custom-tailored plans for each customer; plans built precisely for their needs and budget. Our platform serves as the intersection between customer and seller, technology, and the human touch.
At Assurance, we are innovative, persevering, collaborative, calculated, and authentic, and we're working together to improve the lives of millions!
About the Position
Assurance's Core Team owns the foundation of the Assurance application stack.
This position is responsible for the availability, performance and efficiency of all Assurance services, and work in close collaboration with all engineering teams to create a reliable and easy-to-use AWS infrastructure for application services. The ideal candidate has a good understanding of modern cloud-based architecture, and practical experience defining infrastructure in the fast-pacing environment. You dream in Terraform configs, meditate on smooth flow of new releases through BuildKite/CodePipelines/Jenkins, swear in Sentinel and IAM Access Policy languages and named your cats OpsGenie, Splunk and OAuth.
The ideal candidate is:
- Very comfortable working with AWS services
- Deeply familiar with infrastructure-as-code approach and it’s practical applications using Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, Ansible and similar frameworks and services
- Experienced in building tooling and automation for large-scale computing environments
- Proficient in at least one high level programming language such as Python, Ruby, or Java
- Strong at debugging and systems analysis; should be able to identify and quickly resolve or mitigate issues
- Experienced in building, deploying and operating distributed applications
- An excellent verbal/written communicator
Choose Assurance Because:
· Exceptional base salary plus bonus structure
· Comprehensive benefits which include, medical, dental, vision, 401K and more
· Unlimited paid vacation, sick leave, plus paid holidays.
· Growth opportunities, advance your career rapidly, we offer leadership development training and promote from within.
· Fast paced, high performance environment
Note: Assurance is required by multiple state and city laws to include the salary range on position postings when hiring in those specific locals. The salary range for this position will be between $170,000 - $220,000 and may be eligible for additional bonus or commission plans + benefits. Eligibility to participate in the bonus or commission plans is subject to the rules governing those programs, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and/or organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.