Seattle, WA or Remote /
Finance – FP&A /
Assurance IQ is a technology company headquartered in Seattle. We were acquired by Prudential (NYSE: PRU) to further the joint mission of improving financial wellness across the world.
Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, and business professionals work every day to expand our product offerings and the reach of our platform. We simplify the complex world of insurance and financial services into straightforward, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We start by asking customers a few questions, so our system can learn about their needs; from there, our ground-breaking, proprietary platform takes over and analyzes the thousands of data points that make customers unique. This is how we create custom-tailored plans for each customer; plans built precisely for their needs and budget. Our platform serves as the intersection between customer and seller, technology, and the human touch.
At Assurance, we are innovative, persevering, collaborative, calculated, and authentic, and we're working together to improve the lives of millions!
As VP of Financial Planning & Analysis (head of FP&A) you will lead the Assurance FP&A and Cost Optimization and Performance Management (COPM) functions. You will have responsibility for the company’s financial planning, daily/weekly business optimization, long-range forecasting, budgeting and expense management, as well as lead special projects.
Reporting to the CFO, the VP of FP&A will be doing work that directly impacts the business.
The ideal candidate will be located near Seattle to collaborate and interact with the business ~2 days a week.
Learn more about the Finance Team here: https://www.beforeyouapply.com/team/finance-team-at-assurance-iq
- Lead the quarterly forecast process including close partnership with business leaders
- Analyze daily business results and provide insights and areas of suggested improvement
- Develop reporting and analytical packages for senior management, going beyond P&L line-item analysis to the underlying business drivers (KPIs)
- Develop monthly financial update packages for Assurance and Prudential senior leadership
- Lead projects and analytics that fall into Financial Planning & Analysis, Corporate Finance, Treasury/Capital, M&A, and other domains
- Lead a team of 9 finance professionals (3 direct reports)
- Ability to create new analysis and insights and effectively develop and deliver on projects and processes that do not currently exist and are undefined / open ended
- Responsible for leading the business case analysis process for Assurance
- Oversee the Cost Optimization and Performance Management team focused on driving expense efficiency across Assurance
- Serve as one of three members of the Assurance Finance Senior Leadership team
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience within a public company’s FP&A department, including several years in a leadership role
- You are dedicated to your craft. You have a B.S. in Finance or related field (or an MBA or CFA to supplement an unrelated undergraduate degree)
- You are a highly analytical thinker and always seek to discover the heart of an issue. You are willing to “roll up your sleeves” and dive into the data and details.
- You have excellent strategic planning and financial modeling skills. You know how to evaluate business opportunities and model their contribution to a business’s financial performance.
- You have demonstrated strong business and financial acumen and have demonstrated past success instilling a culture of continuous process improvement
- You are influential and can flex leadership style according to the situation
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation development and delivery
- You are intellectually curious with a passion for business and finance
- You are resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- You have an aptitude to multitask, handling multiple projects simultaneously
- You are a humble collaborator - an excellent team player. You’re eager to foster learning and growth for your team.
Note: Assurance is required by multiple state and city laws to include the salary range on position postings when hiring in those specific locals. The total cash compensation range for this position will be between $250,000 - 325,000 and may be eligible for additional bonus or commission plans + benefits. Eligibility to participate in the bonus or commission plans is subject to the rules governing those programs, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and/or organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.
Choose Assurance Because:
· Exceptional base salary plus bonus structure
· Comprehensive benefits which include, medical, dental, vision, 401K and more
· Unlimited paid vacation, sick leave, plus paid holidays.
· Growth opportunities, advance your career rapidly, we offer leadership development training and promote from within.
· Fast paced, high performance environment