Finance Manager - FP&A, Life Insurance Business
Seattle, WA or Newark, NJ /
Finance – FP&A /
Assurance IQ is a technology company headquartered in Seattle. We were acquired by Prudential (NYSE: PRU) to further the joint mission of improving financial wellness across the world.
Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, and business professionals work every day to expand our product offerings and the reach of our platform. We simplify the complex world of insurance and financial services into straightforward, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We start by asking customers a few questions, so our system can learn about their needs; from there, our ground-breaking, proprietary platform takes over and analyzes the thousands of data points that make customers unique. This is how we create custom-tailored plans for each customer; plans built precisely for their needs and budget. Our platform serves as the intersection between customer and seller, technology, and the human touch.
At Assurance, we are innovative, persevering, collaborative, calculated, and authentic, and we're working together to improve the lives of millions!
The Assurance Finance team is seeking a Manager to join the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team who thrives in a fast-paced, analytical, and collaborative environment, supporting an innovative and rapidly growing company. The Manager will report to the Director of FP&A and will play an important role for the company in supporting our Life business through leading the multi-year forecast process, preparation of C suite-level performance reporting, as well as ad hoc strategic projects and analyses to help the business achieve its growth objectives.
In this role, the successful candidate will gain an understanding of the business model, key drivers of financial performance, and customer value proposition of our business, all while helping drive operational and financial efficiencies with data driven analysis and insights. The successful candidate will partner effectively across the organization to accomplish these objectives, including with Data Science, Marketing, Product, and Sales Distribution. The candidate will also be a key member on the team who will be building new forecasting tools to improve business transparency, analytics, and automation.
Both Assurance and its Finance team are built upon a foundation of world-class technology, data science, and human talent that are combined to solve tough business and customer problems through the generation of insights and execution. The successful candidate thrives in an ever-changing environment and loves to dive deep into the details to draw insights that drive valuable business outcomes.
- Own the financial models to execute financial planning and provide strategic business support for the Life business
- Utilize sophisticated data and BI tools, including Tableau and Looker, to analyze large scale datasets and translate business problems into operating financial models to drive business recommendations
- Monitor daily performance of the business and leverage dashboards to support performance optimization
- Review and analyze daily and weekly marketing lead supply/demand projections across marketing channels
- Develop senior management level materials to articulate business results and key trends & drivers, both for the Life business but also in Consolidation
- Maintain detailed competitor analysis on financial performance, product, and corporate strategy
- Ad hoc analysis and projects
- Bachelor’s degree required – preferably in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or a related quantitative field (CFA, CPA, MBA, or progress towards preferred)
- At least 5 years of experience in finance or accounting
- Advanced Excel and modeling skills with demonstrated capabilities
- Experience with SQL query preferred
- Familiarity with Tableau and Looker is a plus
- Strong communication, presentation, and PowerPoint skills
Preferred Experiences and Attributes:
- Open minded, curious, and eager to learn
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work independently
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to research, analyze and interpret complex data and formulate recommendations
- Collaborative and team-oriented, work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to effectively prioritize concurrent responsibilities and meet timelines
$112,000 - $135,000 a year
Note: Assurance is required by multiple state and city laws to include the salary range on position postings when hiring in those specific locals. The salary range for this position will be between $112,000 - $135,000 and may be eligible for additional bonus or commission plans + benefits. Eligibility to participate in the bonus or commission plans is subject to the rules governing those programs, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and/or organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.