Business Finance Analyst
Toronto, ON /
Technology – Data Science /
Assurance IQ is a technology company headquartered in Seattle. We were acquired by Prudential (NYSE: PRU) to further the joint mission of improving financial wellness across the world.
Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, and business professionals work every day to expand our product offerings and the reach of our platform. We simplify the complex world of insurance and financial services into straightforward, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We start by asking customers a few questions, so our system can learn about their needs; from there, our ground-breaking, proprietary platform takes over and analyzes the thousands of data points that make customers unique. This is how we create custom-tailored plans for each customer; plans built precisely for their needs and budget. Our platform serves as the intersection between customer and seller, technology, and the human touch.
At Assurance, we are innovative, persevering, collaborative, calculated, and authentic, and we're working together to improve the lives of millions!
We are seeking a Business Finance Analyst to join our dynamic team. This position reports into the Data Science team, which collaborates closely with the finance department.
This role will focus on financial reconciliations and commissions for downline partners. The ideal candidate should possess a strong understanding of SQL, reporting, and data visualization. Comfort with working in a data-focused environment is crucial, as Assurance heavily relies on data-driven decision-making. Additionally, the Financial Business Analyst will serve as the primary data contact for any financial data-related questions or improvements.
The position requires attention to detail, accuracy and a recognition of the urgency and importance of timely payment to agency downline partners.
There is a strong career progression opportunity as part of growing the Data Team at Assurance.
- Build and maintain data models that will collect and interpret policy sales for accuracy and reasonableness
- Monitor data quality and both agent and partner payouts to ensure the integrity of financial records and cash flow
- Escalate identified discrepancies in data and/or payments
- Collaborate with Product, Data Engineering, and Agency internal business partners to improve reporting and resolve identified data or payment issues
- Research and respond to downline partner queries related to payments
- Serve as the primary point of contact for financial data-related questions and inquiries
- Prepare commission reports and ensure timely and accurate partner payments, recognizing the urgency and importance of accuracy
- Collaborate with the finance team to validate financial data accuracy
- Utilize Looker, our chosen visualization tool, to create insightful and visually appealing reports and dashboards
- Conduct comprehensive financial analyses, identify trends, and provide valuable insights to management
- Manage and maintain large data sets using SQL and other relevant data tools
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with downline partners
- Ensure attention to detail, consistency, and accuracy in all financial reporting and reconciliations
- Recognize and adapt to changes in reporting requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum of 2 year of experience in financial analysis, data science or a similar role
- Proficiency in SQL and experience working with large data sets
- Strong expertise in Looker, Tableau, Power BI or similar data visualization and reporting tools
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication abilities
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Basic knowledge of accounting practices
Choose Assurance Because:
· Exceptional base salary plus bonus structure
· Comprehensive benefits which include, medical, dental, vision, 401K and more
· Unlimited paid vacation, sick leave, plus paid holidays.
· Growth opportunities, advance your career rapidly, we offer leadership development training and promote from within.
· Ongoing coaching and career development including individual and group coaching sessions.
· Fast paced, high performance environment.