Human Resources Manager
Toronto, ON /
People – People /
Assurance IQ is a technology company headquartered in Seattle. We were acquired by Prudential (NYSE: PRU) to further the joint mission of improving financial wellness across the world.
Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, and business professionals work every day to expand our product offerings and the reach of our platform. We simplify the complex world of insurance and financial services into straightforward, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We start by asking customers a few questions, so our system can learn about their needs; from there, our ground-breaking, proprietary platform takes over and analyzes the thousands of data points that make customers unique. This is how we create custom-tailored plans for each customer; plans built precisely for their needs and budget. Our platform serves as the intersection between customer and seller, technology, and the human touch.
At Assurance, we are innovative, persevering, collaborative, calculated, and authentic, and we're working together to improve the lives of millions!
The Human Resources Manager is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides HR support to our Core HQ client groups. The role is critical in providing top-notch internal HR support and driving HR excellence in employee engagement, organizational effectiveness, and talent management. The HRM role is client-facing, and the incumbent must demonstrate the ability to understand business goals and objectives to deliver the most optimal people solutions tailored to their client group’s employee needs.
The HRM will report directly to the Director, HRBP for Core HQ and partner to support the development and execution of a people plan for organizations to address short- and long-term issues. This role will also have a strategic role in designing and implementing Canada-specific Benefit and Leave policies, in partnership with our Total Rewards COE. This role is hybrid and will require the ability to be in the Toronto office approximately 2 days/week (on average).
- Provide thought partnership and counsel to people managers, including up through Director-level leaders
- Partner closely with COEs to design, implement, and execute Canada-specific Benefit and Leave programs that are consistent with both national and province-specific laws and practices.
- Manages Human Resources ROB (rhythm of the business) practices, programs, and processes for the designated teams in coordination with COE partners, including annual review, merit/bonus, talent review, employee engagement survey, etc.
- Participates as a key contributor to the creation, development, and implementation of foundational HR programs and processes like job architecture.
- Be the “voice of the client” to COE partners and an advocate for the employee experience to support the development and creation of talent management, L&D, and total rewards program work.
- In collaboration with the Director, HRBP, partner and consult with leaders on organizational health, leadership development, and team effectiveness.
- Act as SME on employee relations for designated teams
- Build people manager capability through scalable development programs that facilitate an open, inclusive environment
- Proactively advises leaders/managers regarding HR guidelines and policies and responds to employees' and managers' inquiries.
- Partners with leaders/managers to ensure timely and effective feedback and performance management with employees including coaching managers on having difficult conversations.
- Strategizes with leaders/managers on reductions in force, conducting notification meetings, and preparing appropriate documentation.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required, advanced degree a plus
- 7+ years of general HR experience
- 3+ years of HRM or HRBP experience
- Experience with Canadian benefits and leave programs
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS office with the willingness to deepen skills in analytical tools and the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Project Management skills
- Advanced graduate degree (MBA or MA HR or related area)
$110,000 - $120,000 a year
Note: Assurance is required by multiple state and city laws to include the salary range on position postings when hiring in those specific locals. The salary range for this position will be between $110,000 - $120,000 and may be eligible for additional bonus or commission plans + benefits. Eligibility to participate in the bonus or commission plans is subject to the rules governing those programs, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and/or organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.
Choose Assurance Because:
· Exceptional base salary plus bonus structure
· Comprehensive benefits which include, medical, dental, vision, 401K and more
· Unlimited paid vacation, sick leave, plus paid holidays.
· Growth opportunities, advance your career rapidly, we offer leadership development training and promote from within.
· Ongoing coaching and career development including individual and group coaching sessions.
· Fast paced, high performance environment.