Senior Product Manager – Agent Workforce Compensation (Remote, US or Canada)
United States /
Technology – Product & Design /
Assurance IQ is a technology company headquartered in Seattle. We were acquired by Prudential (NYSE: PRU) to further the joint mission of improving financial wellness across the world.
At Assurance, we simplify the complex world of insurance and financial services into straightforward, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We start by asking customers a few questions, so our system can learn about their needs; from there, our ground-breaking, proprietary platform takes over and analyzes the thousands of data points that make customers unique to create custom-tailored plans for each customer. Our platform serves as the intersection between customer and seller, technology, and the human touch.
At Assurance, we are innovative, persevering, humble, collaborative, and authentic, and we're working together to improve the lives of millions!
About the Motivation Squad:
Assurance’s strategy is to offer our consumers the opportunity to choose insurance either digitally or through a conversation with a human agent who is supported by our technology. Because of the complexity and importance of the decision, most speak to an agent for the final step in their journey.
This makes our agent force one of the most important parts of Assurance’s success, and the Agent Motivation team’s mission is that we’ve aligned incentives so that the best thing for each agent is also the best thing for our customers and the rest of the company.
How we compensate our users for their results can be either the most powerful motivator or de-motivator available to us. The compensation and incentives team is dedicated to overcoming those challenges and creating a system that clearly aligns customer and Assurance outcomes with user compensation that is straightforward to comprehend and deliver on. We’re determined to make Assurance the place where our agents can earn the most while doing amazing things to help our consumers and drive our mission forward.
Value our Product Squad provides:
- Compensation systems designed to align incentives more consistently across the LOIs and user types - users that contribute to ideal consumer outcomes and Assurance profitability will earn more.
- Compensation structures that are easier for Agents to understand and for Assurance to deliver consistently and reliably.
- Rationalized alignment between the various incentive mechanisms available to us (work orders, spiffs, commissions, ABUX, levels).
In this role, you will:
- Reimagine compensation for the Assurance agent workforce in a way that benefits our agent workforce, our consumers, and Assurance.
- Work directly with Assurance’s leadership to define, prioritize, and deliver the vision and strategy for compensation features (think: bonus, commissions, chargebacks, and true-ups).
- Lead the planning, development, and launch for new Compensation Portal features; including but not limited to:
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineering, design, and research.
- Work with product design and research to identify, design, validate, launch, and iterate simple, on compensation portal features that reflect the needs of the end users - functional, educational, emotional and otherwise.
- Establish and own metrics related to the compensation features (e.g. agent payout, quality and accuracy).
- Partner with marketing, brand, operations, and other engineering teams across the company to continuously launch, optimize, and scale Compensation's future.
- Help elevate the Product Management practice at Assurance and to create an inclusive and supportive team culture.
a) The accurate payout of full-time agents and gig-contract agents
b) The incentivization of agent behavior by means of non-monetary rewards
c) The tooling and automation to increase the efficiency of the Customer Support and Operations teams who support the Compensation Portal.
d) Infrastructure investments to ensure our platform can scale to support massive demand.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A multi-year track record of building and shipping products and features loved by thousands of end users.
- A love of creative problem solving
- A deep understanding of analytics. Being able to pull data via your own SQL queries and analyze the data is of utmost importance in this role.
- A passion for talking to customers, and experience with design thinking methods (e.g. customer interviews, usability tests, and co-creation).
- A shipping mentality. We don't believe in spending forever analyzing and debating. The best way to validate something is to ship it — so let's ship it, learn, and iterate.
- Enough technical know-how to talk with engineers about architecture and technical considerations that impact product, and a desire to learn what you don’t know to help drive decision making.
- A passion for how financial and non-monetary rewards can drive behaviors.
- A growth mindset.
- A critical thinker. There’s not always a clear and definitive answer but you follow a systematic and rigorous approach to problem solving. You’re able to navigate uncertainty and ambiguity and adept at synthesizing actionable problems, insights, and requirements from raw, unstructured qualitative and quantitative data.
- Excellent communication skills whereby you can convey complex ideas succinctly and clearly.
- Passionate about creating simple and elegant user-experiences. You can’t help but critique the UX of the apps you use.
- Experience project managing complex vendor or stakeholder relationships with lots of moving parts.
- Bonus: Experience working in a bank or in the payments space.
Note: Assurance is required by multiple state and city laws to include the salary range on position postings when hiring in those specific locals. The salary range for this position will be between $160,000 - $200,000 and may be eligible for additional bonus or commission plans + benefits. Eligibility to participate in the bonus or commission plans is subject to the rules governing those programs, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and/or organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.
How We Hire :
Step 1: Hiring Manager Chat
Timing: <1 week from application
- You’ll talk to a leader of our product management on a 30-45 minute Zoom call. There’s nothing to prepare in advance, but we encourage you to do your own research ahead of time so you can come prepared with questions.
- First, we want to figure out if you’ve got the right experience for this position and if working at Assurance is a fit for both of us. This call will be conversational in nature and will cover professional background and future aspirations, a deep dive into the role and team structure, and a chance for you to ask questions!
Step 2: Panel Presentation
Timing: Usually within 1-2 weeks of hiring manager chat, allowing for candidate prep time
- This will be a 60-minute presentation, 20 minutes of which will be spent covering one or two examples of product work which you have previously delivered or to which you have significantly contributed. This is an opportunity to showcase your ability to move through the product development process from initial problem discovery to requirement scoping to final execution.
- The panel presentation will be conducted with a cross-functional group of product managers, designers, engineers, and other business stakeholders who will ask questions for the remaining 40 minutes. We'll share more details about this when we get there!
Step 3: Meet the Team/Final Interview Loop
Timing: Approximately 1 week from panel presentation
- Next, you'll talk to four of our Product & Technology team members for 45 minutes each. Here, we want to explore things like culture fit, problem solving, design aptitude and communication style. The interviewers will cover standard behavioral questions that give us greater insight into your experience and thought process.
- You’ll have time to ask any remaining questions here too!
Step 4: The Decision / Job Offer
Timing: Typically 1-3 days after final interview loop
- At this point, we’ll have reviewed feedback from your presentation and final interview loop with takeaways from each interviewer. The team will debrief and will make a final decision. If all goes well, expect a personal call with an offer to join our team!
Need to move faster or slower through the hiring process? Just let us know!
Choose Assurance Because:
· Competitive base salary plus bonus structure
· Comprehensive benefits which include, medical, dental, vision, 401K and more
· Unlimited paid vacation, sick leave, plus paid holidays
· Growth opportunities to rapidly advance your career