Finance Manager, Revenue Reporting & Analytics
Finance – Financial Reporting /
Assurance IQ is a technology company headquartered in Seattle. We were acquired by Prudential (NYSE: PRU) to further the joint mission of improving financial wellness across the world.
Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, and business professionals work every day to expand our product offerings and the reach of our platform. We simplify the complex world of insurance and financial services into straightforward, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We start by asking customers a few questions, so our system can learn about their needs; from there, our ground-breaking, proprietary platform takes over and analyzes the thousands of data points that make customers unique. This is how we create custom-tailored plans for each customer; plans built precisely for their needs and budget. Our platform serves as the intersection between customer and seller, technology, and the human touch.
At Assurance, we are innovative, persevering, collaborative, calculated, and authentic, and we're working together to improve the lives of millions!
About the Role
The Assurance Finance team is seeking a Finance Manager within the Revenue Valuation and Analysis team. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, analytical, collaborative environment, supporting an innovative and rapidly growing company.
In this role the candidate will gain an understanding of the business and products, bring together datasets necessary to provide deep insights, partner across the organization including with Finance, Marketing, Business Operations, Data Science, and Data Engineering.
The Manager will be responsible for running revenue reporting and analytics for all lines of business, collaborating with business partners and providing insights to drive business performance, as well as managing the business’s capital and cashflow needs.
Both Assurance and the Finance team are built upon a foundation of world-class technology, data science, and human talent that are combined to solve tough business problems through the generation of insights and execution. The right person for this role thrives in an ever-changing environment and loves combining an analytical and finance lens to solve business problems.
- Deliver, in collaboration with analysts, commission revenue valuation and reporting in an accurate and timely manner
- Connecting the dots between business drivers and financial results to provide actionable analysis to the business
- Strive for continuous process improvement
- Develop dashboards and other analytical tools using various BI tools such as Looker and Power BI to provide reporting on revenue results and disaggregated trends at various levels to a wide audience of stakeholders
- Monitor policy revenue and profitability trends across each line of business, prepare monthly and quarterly revenue reporting, ad hoc revenue insights, and partner with Financial Planning and Analysis to support revenue forecasting
- Establish a reporting framework and dashboards around drivers of unit economic trends by leveraging data across sources in order to provide actionable insights to Senior Leadership
- Manage the company’s capital and cashflow planning function in partnership with the Financial Operations department
- Ad hoc analysis and projects as needed
- 5+ years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree in finance, actuarial science, mathematics or statistics, or equivalent
- Adaptable to different stakeholders, audiences, and environments
- Experience working with large volumes of data, and is passionate about solving problems with data analytics
- Demonstrated track record of process improvements and automation leveraging collaboration and technology
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to communicate effectively to senior management
- Strong Excel and Data Visualization expertise. SQL, Power Query and Power Pivot experience is a plus.
- A strong work ethic and a drive to exceed expectations
- Strong attention to detail, analytic, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management skills with a positive attitude and willingness to partner effectively
- CFA or MBA, or progress toward
- Financial services experience preferred but not required
$112,000 - $135,000 a year
Note: Assurance is required by multiple state and city laws to include the salary range on position postings when hiring in those specific locals. The salary range for this position will be between $112,000 - $135,000 and may be eligible for additional bonus or commission plans + benefits. Eligibility to participate in the bonus or commission plans is subject to the rules governing those programs, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and/or organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.
Choose Assurance Because:
· Exceptional base salary plus bonus structure
· Comprehensive benefits which include, medical, dental, vision, 401K and more
· Unlimited paid vacation, sick leave, plus paid holidays.
· Growth opportunities, advance your career rapidly, we offer leadership development training and promote from within.
· Ongoing coaching and career development including individual and group coaching sessions.
· Fast paced, high performance environment.