Seattle, WA or Remote /
Technology – Engineering /
Are you interested in building products used by millions of people?
As we continue to push innovation in fintech forward, we need our engineers to be versatile, take ownership, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic about taking on new problems across the full stack.
We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design with responsive web design. As a software engineer, you will work on a priority fintech project.
- Identify and model algorithms and interpret the results of experiments.
- Apply coding skills to implement software solutions in collaboration with other engineers and teams.
- Write and test product or system development code.
- Participate in peer code reviews and provide feedback to ensure best practices and results.
- Contribute to documentation and adapt content based on product updates and user feedback.
- Triage product issues and debug/resolve by analyzing the source and the impact on service operations.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Participate in the development of scalable applications with rich user experiences.
- Work alongside business users, product managers, business analysts, other developers, and data scientists.
The ideal candidate would
- If you are a recent graduate or have 1+ years of experience and have an interest in building large-scale and high-performance products and think end-to-end, this may be the job you've been looking for.
- You are a talented Software Engineer with expertise in developing responsive web applications.
- You have a solid background in software development fundamentals, algorithm design, problem-solving, complexity analysis, a solid understanding of programming languages and technologies, and a passion for continuous learning.
- Genuine interest in crafting compelling user UI/UX and learning new technologies that facilitate them.
- Ability and desire to contribute full-stack software engineering.
- You love creating, take great personal pride in building engaging and innovative solutions, and are a strong team player with a passion for sharing and teaching front-end knowledge across the team.
- Have practical knowledge of Ruby on Rails and related ecosystem
- Experience developing, debugging and maintaining code in object-oriented and database query languages.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
Note: Assurance is required by multiple state and city laws to include the salary range on position postings when hiring in those specific locals. The salary range for this position will be between $130,000 - $170,000 and may be eligible for additional bonus or commission plans + benefits. Eligibility to participate in the bonus or commission plans is subject to the rules governing those programs, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and/or organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.
Assurance offers the best online insurance shopping experience; within minutes a customer can have instantly approved life, health, auto, or home coverage. We’ve simplified the online checkout process so that customers can get covered instantly online, and we’ve also built an on-demand workforce of licensed insurance agents that can speak with customers who want to talk to an expert, 24x7. Powering all of this is a cloud-first, event-driven, service-oriented-architecture, using the latest software frameworks. We combine our web technology with data science models at every step to make intelligent decisions about how we market to customers, what policies we recommend, and which agents we match to customers. Our mission is to make insurance easier, cheaper, and higher quality, for everyone – not just the affluent. Our team is humble, driven, and committed to improving the lives of millions.
We’ve pioneered many new technologies and are proud of many world-first technical achievements. We are the only company to pay commissions to on-demand workers with a real-time payment solution, so money earned is deposited into their bank accounts instantly, every day of the year; and to pay dynamic bonus rewards generated in real-time by machine learning models during phone sales calls. We developed a voice signature technology to enable customers to conveniently sign for their insurance policy over the phone. We built a completely serverless telephony platform that uses dozens of machine learning models to automatically optimize how we place phone calls to customers and connect them with sales agents on the platform.
In September 2019, Assurance was acquired by Prudential (NYSE:PRU; $36B market cap) to further the joint mission of improving financial wellness across the world. We are at the forefront of this exciting mission and are looking for experienced software engineers who are excited about the chance to rethink the insurance industry from the ground up in a technology-first manner.
We have 4 engineering offices worldwide in Seattle (headquarters), Toronto, Ft. Lauderdale, and Kathmandu. Each office has many teams of engineers; each team owns a set of software applications and business functionality. We work collaboratively across time zones and geographies, using Slack, Zoom, Github, and email. Engineers in remote offices will typically visit headquarters once or twice per year.
Review our CCPA policies here.
Choose Assurance Because:
· Exceptional base salary plus bonus structure
· Comprehensive benefits which include, medical, dental, vision, 401K and more
· Unlimited paid vacation, sick leave, plus paid holidays.
· Growth opportunities, advance your career rapidly, we offer leadership development training and promote from within.
· Ongoing coaching and career development including individual and group coaching sessions.
· Fast paced, high performance environment.