Seattle, WA /
Finance – Finance /
Assurance IQ is a technology company headquartered in Seattle. We were acquired by Prudential (NYSE: PRU) to further the joint mission of improving financial wellness across the world.
Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, and business professionals work every day to expand our product offerings and the reach of our platform. We simplify the complex world of insurance and financial services into straightforward, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We start by asking customers a few questions, so our system can learn about their needs; from there, our ground-breaking, proprietary platform takes over and analyzes the thousands of data points that make customers unique. This is how we create custom-tailored plans for each customer; plans built precisely for their needs and budget. Our platform serves as the intersection between customer and seller, technology, and the human touch.
At Assurance, we are innovative, persevering, collaborative, calculated, and authentic, and we're working together to improve the lives of millions!
About the Role:
The Assurance Finance team is seeking an innovative Senior Accountant that thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. We value hard-work, flexibility and curiosity and collaborate to creatively solve problems, constantly improve and implement meaningful changes.
This position is responsible for month-end close, account reconciliations, financial and statutory reporting, and ad hoc special projects and analysis. Additionally, this person will support senior leadership by assisting with audit requests, quarter end close, and control implementation. While in this role you will have the opportunity to collaborate on projects with data science, marketing, and commissions in this ever-evolving company. This role reports into the Accounting Manager, is a great fit for a highly motivated individual that takes the initiative to solve problems and enjoys the opportunity to improve existing processes, and has the option to be hybrid or in-office.
Learn more about the Finance Team here: https://www.beforeyouapply.com/team/finance-team-at-assurance-iq
- Support the preparation of internal and external financial statements and schedules
- Lead delivery of accounting tasks and projects
- Execute judgements to keep projects moving and ensure the right decisions are reached to close the books each month
- Prepare assigned monthly journal entries on a timely basis and in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Analyze and reconcile Balance Sheet accounts
- Work with the business to ensure accruals are complete and accurate
- Analyze and report on key expense categories
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system and maintain supporting documentation
- Review all Concur and personal reimbursement transactions to ensure compliance with company policies
- Analyze internal processes, identify improvements to reduce closing cycle time and create other efficiencies
- Assist in developing and maintaining appropriate Financial Closing policies, narratives and procedures for GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley compliance
- Support departmental and business leaders by providing accurate information/analysis
- Research, conclude and memorialize technical accounting position papers
- Escalating risks and issues as necessary to leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA preferred
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in accounting, preferably with Big Four (public) with Fortune 500 clients
- Familiarity with GAAP research tools and the FASB codification
- Working knowledge of the COSO internal control framework and a solid understanding of the concepts of control design and operational efficiency
- Experience with Oracle AP, AR and GL modules a plus
- Advanced Excel skills (i.e. pivot tables, lookups, conditional formatting)
- Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills, including developing relationships at all levels in an organization and directly influencing business objectives.
- Experience working with large volumes of data, and is passionate about solving problems with data analytics
- Experience with various BI tools such as Tableau, Looker and Power BI
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks efficiently and independently with a high degree of accuracy to meet deadlines
- Customer service-oriented skills and mindset
- Strong sense of ownership
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions to support the direction taken by others
Note: Assurance is required by multiple state and city laws to include the salary range on position postings when hiring in those specific locals. The salary range for this position will be between $90,000 and $115,000 and may be eligible for additional bonus or commission plans + benefits. Eligibility to participate in the bonus or commission plans is subject to the rules governing those programs, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and/or organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.
Choose Assurance Because:
· Exceptional base salary plus bonus structure
· Comprehensive benefits which include, medical, dental, vision, 401K and more
· Unlimited paid vacation, sick leave, plus paid holidays.
· Growth opportunities, advance your career rapidly, we offer leadership development training and promote from within.
· Fast paced, high performance environment