Senior Business Analysis Manager - FP&A
Seattle, WA or Newark, NJ
Finance – FP&A /
Assurance IQ is a technology company headquartered in Seattle. We were acquired by Prudential (NYSE: PRU) to further the joint mission of improving financial wellness across the world.
Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, and business professionals work every day to expand our product offerings and the reach of our platform. We simplify the complex world of insurance and financial services into straightforward, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We start by asking customers a few questions, so our system can learn about their needs; from there, our ground-breaking, proprietary platform takes over and analyzes the thousands of data points that make customers unique. This is how we create custom-tailored plans for each customer; plans built precisely for their needs and budget. Our platform serves as the intersection between customer and seller, technology, and the human touch.
At Assurance, we are innovative, persevering, collaborative, calculated, and authentic, and we're working together to improve the lives of millions!
The Assurance Finance team is seeking a Senior Business Analysis Manager (SBAM) to join the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team. This person thrives in a fast-paced, analytical, and collaborative environment, supporting an innovative and rapidly growing company. The SBAM will report to the Director of FP&A and will play an important role for the company in supporting our businesses by providing thoughtful financial analysis and strategic insights to influence key decisions to maximize profitability and growth. In addition, they will drive the multi-year business planning & forecast process, preparation of C suite-level performance reporting, as well as build business cases for ad hoc strategic projects and analyses to help the business achieve growth objectives.
In this role, the successful candidate will gain an understanding of the business model, key drivers of financial performance, and customer value proposition of our business, all while helping drive operational and financial efficiencies with data driven analysis and insights. The successful candidate will partner effectively across various functional groups including Data Science, Marketing, Product, and Sales Distribution to influence and steer the business to maximize value accretive decisions.
Both Assurance and the Finance team are built upon a foundation of world-class technology, data science, and human talent that are combined to solve tough business and customer problems through the generation of insights and execution. The successful candidate thrives in an ever-changing environment and loves to dive deep into the details to draw insights that drive valuable business outcomes.
- Create customer-centric recommendations informed by analysis, good business acumen and partnership with various functional groups to drive improvements in a matrixed environment through effective communication
- Ability to extract the big picture through data modeling and analysis and formulate robust viewpoints
- Own the financial models to execute financial planning and provide strategic business guidance
- Utilize sophisticated data and BI tools, including Looker, to analyze large scale datasets and translate business problems into operating financial models to drive business recommendations
- Develop senior management level materials to articulate business insights and key trends & drivers
- Bachelor’s degree required – preferably in Business, Finance, Economics, or a related quantitative field (MBA, or progress towards preferred)
- 5 - 7 years of experience in business analysis within finance, strategy, or analytics organization
- Advanced Excel and modeling skills with demonstrated capabilities
- Ability to research, analyze and interpret complex data and formulate recommendations
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence business decisions
- Ability to effectively prioritize concurrent responsibilities and meet timelines
- Strong communication, presentation, and PowerPoint skills
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
Preferred Experiences and Attributes:
- Open minded, curious, and eager to learn
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work independently
- Experience with SQL query preferred
- Familiarity with Looker is a plus
- Working knowledge of the insurance industry
$135,000 - $150,000 a year
Note: Assurance is required by multiple state and city laws to include the salary range on position postings when hiring in those specific locals. The salary range for this position will be between ($135,000 - $150,000) and may be eligible for additional bonus or commission plans + benefits. Eligibility to participate in the bonus or commission plans is subject to the rules governing those programs, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and/or organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.
Choose Assurance Because:
· Exceptional base salary plus bonus structure
· Comprehensive benefits which include, medical, dental, vision, 401K and more
· Unlimited paid vacation, sick leave, plus paid holidays.
· Growth opportunities, advance your career rapidly, we offer leadership development training and promote from within.
· Ongoing coaching and career development including individual and group coaching sessions.
· Fast paced, high performance environment.