New York, New York
Product & User Experience
Astorian’s mission is to remove all barriers against the upkeep and improvement of our built world so that our lives are never inhibited by the spaces we occupy. By creating a marketplace to connect property managers and contractors, Astorian allows buildings to go from broken to pristine faster and cheaper than ever before. Backed by investors such as First Round and Bessemer — the leading investors in companies like Uber, LinkedIn, Square, and many more — Astorian is building beautiful and intuitive software to transform the outdated real estate industry.
This is a role most similar to the person who led driver growth and strategy in the beginning at companies like Uber and Lyft. This person will be responsible for setting strategy in alignment with overall goals to grow Astorian’s contractor base as well as leading the tactical decisions of day to day contractor usage and growth. The former will involve product strategy, creating user communities, and growth strategies. The latter will involve calling contractors, hiring and managing customer success agents, and manually supporting contractors as the product catches up.
If you thrive in a team and love making phenomenal deals happen, don’t hesitate to apply.
Overall, we want to work with someone who is a self-starter. Someone who can lead this division of the company and create a community of engaged users as committed as the most successful marketplace companies today such as AirBnB and Amazon. The person who embodies this role best is Uber's Austin Geidt. Her role and journey as employee #4 and Head of Launch is a playbook for how we succeed in this area.
- A history of developing lightweight processes and getting them adopted
- A penchant for digging deep into data, thinking from first principles, and iterating quickly to deliver results
- Love for understanding and tackling complex problems
- Meticulous eye for detail and ability to structure and clarify complex situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- Highly motivated with an execution focus and a strong sense of urgency
Nice to Haves
- Experience in the property management or contractor industry
- A highly strategic, analytical and operational role within a rapidly growing company
- Experience leading a team
- A solid understanding of marketplaces and customer experience
What We Provide
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Flexible vacation policies with no cap on the amount you can take.
- We’re a young company that is growing fast, meaning there’s lots of opportunity for you to grow and take on new roles.
- Credits for personal and professional development
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- We’re all about making change in our communities. Astorian provides 3 paid days a year to volunteer at your favorite charity.
Astorian highly values diversity and inclusion. We strive to provide a hiring and working experience in which all people feel welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.