Software Engineer - New Grad (2020)
New York, New York
Astorian’s mission is to remove all barriers against the upkeep and improvement of our built world so that our lives are never inhibited by the spaces we occupy. By creating a marketplace to connect property managers and contractors, Astorian allows buildings to go from broken to pristine faster and cheaper than ever before. Backed by investors such as First Round and Bessemer — the leading investors in companies like Uber, LinkedIn, Square, and many more — Astorian is building beautiful and intuitive software to transform the outdated real estate industry.
Astorian is hiring a fresh graduate (May 2020) to join our engineering team as one of its core members to drive growth and accelerate product development. You would spend your time developing all aspects of the product while working closely with the engineering leaders to set direction for the company.
Our ideal candidate will be relentless about helping customers succeed, crafting exceptional engineering solutions, and striving for growth and development. If you are a passionate engineer who wants to grow technically and creatively while taking on a high-impact role at a fast-growing startup, apply to Astorian today.
What You'll Achieve
- Develop clean, beautiful code and leave it better than you found it.
- Impact the product through diverse projects
- Experience growth and development by being paired with a mentor who will support and guide you through opportunities to stretch and learn.
- Ability to craft your career path, ultimately finding the projects that you’re passionate about where you can most help humanity thrive.
- Collaborate with founders and leaders across our company to set product direction and solve business problems
- Contribute to decisions around technical strategy and architecture to optimize for the company’s success
- Pursuing a Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science
- Exceptional background in computer science or related technical field
- Constant desire to learn and improve
- Sound judgment for balancing between scrappiness and long-term code maintainability
- Appreciate productivity and care deeply about helping team members be more efficient
- Experience in general web concepts and frameworks such as HTTP/HTTP2, browser behavior, CSS architecture, etc.
Bonus points for:
Benefits & Perks
- Generous health, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible work from home policy
- Full suite of pre-tax benefits (commuter, health, childcare, etc.)
- The latest MacBook Pro and additional equipment
Astorian highly values diversity and inclusion. We strive to provide a hiring and working experience in which all people feel welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.