New York, New York
Astorian is a fast-growing marketplace creating technology for property managers and contractors. We seamlessly connect users so that buildings go from broken to pristine more efficiently than ever before. This is an outdated industry that’s ripe for modernization, so we’re hiring a part-time content designer to bring Astorian’s vision to life for our users.
As Astorian’s content designer, you will craft our message throughout the business. Have you ever seen a brand, read a newsletter, or picked up a flyer that fully captivated your attention? We want you to be that kind of storyteller for Astorian. You will be designing a voice and visual language for anaudience who rarely benefits from quality content.
In this role, you will work with leaders across the company to add volume and clarity to their voice so that our users fully understand what we’re building and selling. All together, you will empower our voice with beautiful and crisp design and copy that enthrall and fuel sour success. If you are looking for the opportunity to have a leading role in the creative output of a fast-growing startup, then apply today.
- Lead the visual communication of our brand through all marketing content
- Help write and edit copy for all areas of the business
- Work with the founders and other design team members to create or augment brand- and style guides that are comprehensive, simple, and intuitive
- Be structured in your work so that each design contributes to establishing a cohesive brand ethos
- Make physical and digital marketing material such as flyers, videos, and emails
- Create user education content including tutorial videos, documentation, and in-app signage like Appcues
- 3+ years of experience as a designer and content creator
- A variety of skills including graphic design, storytelling, branding, and illustration
- Knowledge about how to structure and create user-education content
- Ability to pitch, educate, and define your design rationale to the other members of the team
- Ability to write and edit written material for concise, grabbing content
Nice to Haves
- Experience crafting brands for other businesses or projects with a variety of audiences (multiple customer channels, investors, etc.)
- Experience with tools like Appcues
- Experience with animation and motion design
- Consistent writer with a blog or history of past writing
What We Provide
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Flexible vacation policies with no cap on the amount you can take.
- We’re a young company that is growing fast, meaning there’s lots of opportunity for you to grow and take on new roles.
- Credits for personal and professional development
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- We’re all about making change in our communities. Astorian provides 3 paid days a year to volunteer at your favorite charity.
Astorian highly values diversity and inclusion. We strive to provide a hiring and working experience in which all people feel welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.