New York, New York
Astorian’s mission is to remove all barriers against the upkeep and improvement of our built world so that our lives are never inhibited by the spaces we occupy. By creating a marketplace to connect property managers and contractors, Astorian allows buildings to go from broken to pristine faster and cheaper than ever before. Backed by investors such as First Round and Bessemer — the leading investors in companies like Uber, LinkedIn, Square, and many more — Astorian is building beautiful and intuitive software to transform the outdated real estate industry.
Astorian is hiring a hands-on engineering lead who is interested in using their wealth of experience to drive growth and accelerate product development. We’re not looking for someone who spends 100% of their time coding but for someone who is also passionate about leading a team and working directly with the founders to set high-level product direction.
As we create ideas together, you will leverage your deep knowledge of web development to spearhead our engineering strategy. Beyond this, your skills will fuel your ability to work independently on our most complex problems as well as collaboratively manage our engineering team. If you are a passionate engineer who wants to grow technically and creatively while taking on a leadership role at a fast-growing startup, apply to Astorian today.
- Write code and build architecture to help solve some of our toughest problems
- Delegate tasks, oversee a team of 5 engineers, and review code across your team
- Collaborate with founders and leaders across our company to set product direction and solve business problems
- Lead decisions around technical strategy and architecture to optimize for the company’s success
- Evaluate new engineering hires
- Extensive experience with all areas of web development, particularly with strong knowledge of React, Node.js, and the surrounding ecosystems
- A passion for programming and empowering engineers, building teams, and aligning technical and business goals
- Have a strong appreciation and eye for design and usability
- Ability to balance long-term technical considerations with a startup’s overriding need for short-term speed and agility
- Desire and knowledge needed to lead decision making on large-scale tech architecture decisions
- Experience with testing strategies and writing testable code in a web context
- Expertise in general web concepts and frameworks such as HTTP/HTTP2, browser behavior, CSS architecture, etc.
Bonus points for:
Benefits & Perks
- Generous health, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible work from home policy
- Full suite of pre-tax benefits (commuter, health, childcare, etc.)
- The latest MacBook Pro and additional equipment
Astorian highly values diversity and inclusion. We strive to provide a hiring and working experience in which all people feel welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.