Customer Success Manager
New York, New York
Astorian is a fast-growing marketplace creating technology for property managers and contractors – an underserved market. We seamlessly connect users so that buildings go from broken to pristine more efficiently than ever before. Our customers are often neglected and forced to rely on outdated technology, or no technology at all. Astorian is committed to providing great value on every user interaction – that’s why we're hiring a customer success manager to ensure we deliver on this promise.
In this role, you will lead Astorian’s customer success (CS) team, which is responsible for onboarding new users, reaching out to existing users, and troubleshooting any problems customers experience while using the platform.
Our goal is that every project posted on our platform delivers the value we promise for both sides of our user base, and our CS team is a big part of what makes this happen. You will have the opportunity to lead a team by setting agendas, delegating, and training subordinates, with the potential to become an executive leader at this fast growing company. Your high attention to detail will play a critical role in keeping customers coming back to our product again and again.
If you thrive in a team and love making phenomenal deals happen, don’t hesitate to apply.
- Lead a remote CS team by setting milestones and ensuring they’re achieved
- Design and implement a system for training new CS members
- Maintain a deep understanding of the product and speak with customers about the most relevant features/functionality for their specific business needs
- Have total ownership of every project’s success
- Work hand-in-hand with founders to constantly improve CS operations
- Serve as the lead CS representative when an issue requires escalation
- Survey users to collect user sentiment that will shape the product and marketing direction
- Work together with Astorian’s data scientists to track and report metrics around CS
- 3+ years customer service experience (ideally for an online app/service)
- 1+ year of leadership experience in managing and training a team
- Meticulous eye for detail and ability to structure and clarify complex situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- Highly motivated with an execution focus and a strong sense of urgency
Nice to Haves
- Experience in the property management or contractor industry
- Experience working with remote call centers
- Multi-lingual in any of these languages: Spanish, Arabic, Urdu, Bangla, or Russian
What We Provide
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Flexible vacation policies with no cap on the amount you can take.
- We’re a young company that is growing fast, meaning there’s lots of opportunity for you to grow and take on new roles.
- Credits for personal and professional development
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- We’re all about making change in our communities. Astorian provides 3 paid days a year to volunteer at your favorite charity.
Astorian highly values diversity and inclusion. We strive to provide a hiring and working experience in which all people feel welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.