Senior Electrical Engineer — Avionics
San Francisco, CA
U.S. CITIZENSHIP OR GREEN CARD REQUIRED
(Note: This is due to U.S. export regulations, and we are unable to make exceptions.)
Four billion people do not have access to the internet. Astranis is going to change that. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost telecommunications satellites to bring the world online.
Come work with incredibly smart people who have flown things in space before. No prior space experience needed, you just need to enjoy getting your hands dirty with real hardware and be okay with struggling to do things that seem impossibly hard.
We’re a well-funded team of over 100 world-class engineers that move fast. We raised our Series B ($90M) from Andreessen Horowitz and Venrock, launched our first satellite in 2018, secured our first major customer deal in 2019, and we’ll triple the satellite internet capacity of Alaska in 2021.
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
- Architect, design, and develop space tolerant electronics that will support the functions of our satellites.
- Ownership of spacecraft avionics systems.
- Work within a multidisciplinary team to design and execute for satellite avionics.
- Duties include program management, subsystem design, analysis, debugging, and hardware bug tracking.
- Support through production and test.
- B.S. or higher in electrical or computer engineering, or similar technical degree
- 5+ years of professional experience with fast-paced product design cycles
- 5+ years of board level experience designing hardware from concept through production.
- A passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development
- Demonstrated ability to design, build, and test hardware from scratch
- Strong analog/mixed-signal circuit design skills
- US Citizenship or Green Card
- 5+ years of experience with designing and implementing signal conditioning, sensors, electro-mechanical actuators, power switches, embedded computers, or such hardware.
- Experience with FPGAs, Microcontrollers, and communication schemes (RS-485, SPI, Ethernet, I2C)
- Experience leading a team of engineers and working with teams in other disciplines.
- Strong understanding of computers and knowledge of C, C++, or Python
- Radiation effects knowledge
- Environmental test experience