Engineering Ops: Systems Engineering
San Francisco, CA
US CITIZENSHIP OR GREEN CARD REQUIRED
(Note: this is due to US export regulations. Sorry, we are unable to make exceptions.)
Four billion people do not have access to the internet. Astranis is going to change that. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost telecommunications satellites to bring the world online. And to pull it off we have to reinvent microwave radio systems in space using SDRs.
Work with incredibly smart people who have flown things in space before. We are a well-funded team that moves fast. No prior space experience needed, you just need to enjoy getting your hands dirty with real hardware and be ok with struggling to do things that seem impossibly hard.
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the whole world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to come join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
- Acquire and maintain understanding of spacecraft design and all interfaces, internal and external
- Manage requirements, flowdowns, and verifications across many subsystems, including ground and space segments
- Identify, reconcile, and head off conflicts across interdependent subsystem designs, teams, and interfaces
- Track many different aspects of the system requirements, including verification and validation, flowdown, and non-compliances
- Devise Failure Modes and Effects Criticality Analyses (FMECA)
- Promote best practices relating to system design, requirements elicitation, configuration control, human and system safety, testability, operability, reliability, and more.
- B.S. or M.S. in aerospace, electrical, computer, or mechanical engineering, or equivalent technical degree
- Experience with space system requirements management
- Experience with configuration management
- Fluency with Jira or other issue tracking systems
- Experience with system-level budgets (mass/power/pointing/etc.) and ability to highlight inconsistencies and optimizations
- Understanding of space program milestones
- Experience with solving interdisciplinary technical problems
- Technical expertise in at least one spacecraft design subsystem area
- US Citizenship or Green Card
- Experience with Python programming
- Experience with automated HW testing
- Experience with debugging circuits with embedded software, from oscilloscope to firmware
- Experience with electromechanical systems
- Experience designing electrical and/or mechanical test and assembly fixturing
- Direct experience in operating satellites