Technical Program Manager - Electrical Engineering
San Francisco, CA /
Program Management – Program Management /
Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $350 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!
Technical Program Manager
As an Astranis Technical Program Manager - Electrical Engineering you will assist in programmatics from program concept to completion. This will include the program schedule, risk management, cost, and key technical budgets and customer interactions. You will pull from a strong technical background to work with multiple electrical engineering teams developing a variety of systems for our spacecrafts.
Must have technical leadership and at least project management experience.
- Assist in programatics from concept to completion for projects dealing with internal R&D of electrical components and systems
- Maintain program schedule to inform resource allocation necessary for program success
- Run risk management process for projects including encouraging generation of risk documentation when needed, tracking of burndown plans, and approval of risk closure
- Deliver a final product meeting program requirements by tracking key measurables like cost and mass
- Drive periodic internal program reviews including trending schedule, risk, and key program requirements
- Consult with Astranis technical leadership and Astranis advisors for major technical decisions and trades
- Drive the development and improvement of process as necessary to achieve a scalable culture of program success
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring additional teammates to our rapidly-growing team
- Bachelor of Science (or similar) degree in an Electrical Engineering discipline
- Program/project management or leadership experience with a complex electrical system or similar (e.g. aircrafts, power systems, consumer electronics, autonomous vehicles)
- Previous hands on electrical engineering experience
- Strong communication skills, both internal and external facing
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment, overcome obstacles with creative solutions, and clearly document/communicate tactical plans
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Space system experience
- Familiarity with Smartsheet, Jira, and Confluence
U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.