Mechanical Engineer - Assembly, Integration, and Test (AI&T)
San Francisco, CA /
Production & Manufacturing – Assembly, Integration, & Test (AI&T) /
Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $350 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!
- Integrate parts and systems into the spacecraft by working closely with the rest of the team, and document and develop procedures to improve the build process in the future.
- Design ground support equipment to assist with the assembly, integration and test of the spacecraft
- Design high-level architecture and manage vehicle integration and test operations
- Conduct spacecraft integration build flow and test operations
- Develop assembly and integration test plans and procedures based on concepts and designs
- Evaluate proposed designs for manufacturability and integration
- Evaluate non-conformances to determine root cause and create actionable items and system improvements
- Work hands-on with flight hardware at build, test and launch sites to ensure mission success.
- Create, maintain and communicate detailed schedules, ensuring the team is aware of tasks and deadlines, including resource identification and acquisition.
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring additional teammates to our rapidly-growing team.
- Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- A passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development
- Ability to accurately estimate complexity and duration of AI&T tasks
- Experience developing test plans and test procedures from requirements
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
- Strong communication skills
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria.
- Strong electrical and mechanical systems engineering intuition and critical thinking. Comfort with ambiguity and turning high-level requirements into clear design/test objectives.
- Experience with electromechanical systems
- Experience with 3D CAD, mechanical design, fabrication, and environmental qualification.
- Creative, passionate problem solver that thrives in fast-paced, autonomously-driven, and demanding design and integration campaigns.
- Strong sense of accountability, integrity, and team focus with extensive multitasking and organizational experience.
U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.