San Francisco, CA
US CITIZENSHIP OR GREEN CARD REQUIRED
(Note: this is due to US export regulations. Sorry, we are unable to make exceptions.)
Four billion people do not have access to the internet. Astranis is going to change that. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost telecommunications satellites to bring the world online. And to pull it off we have to reinvent microwave radio systems in space using SDRs.
Work with incredibly smart people who have flown things in space before. We are a well-funded team that moves fast. No prior space experience needed, you just need to enjoy getting your hands dirty with real hardware and be ok with struggling to do things that seem impossibly hard.
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the whole world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to come join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
- Design RTL for high data rate, software defined radios
- Work with multiple FPGAs and toolchains
- Interface FPGAs with high speed data converters, memories, MCUs
- Design, implement and test radiation mitigation schemes on FPGA
- Collaborate closely with DSP/radio algorithm designer
- Collaborate closely with embedded firmware and software engineers
- US Citizenship or Green Card (This is a legal requirement; no exceptions)
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering, computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent
- A passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development
- Experience in designing, implementing, and testing high throughput systems implemented on FPGAs
- Strong proficiency with Verilog (preferably SystemVerilog) for both synthesis and verification
- Experience with modern communication systems (RF, IF/IQ, time/freq domains, modulation)
- MS or PhD in computer engineering or equivalent
- Considerable expertise in at least 1 domain beyond just the logic design. This could be DSP/radio design, software, hi-rel design (e.g. fault analysis & recover), etc.
- Experience with Xilinx FPGAs
- Experience with Vivado IDE, TCL
- Familiarity with system level estimates and implications of power, thermal, and real estate
- Experience with high speed data converters (ADCs, DACs, JESD204B)
- Experience with circuit level debugging
- Experience with digital communication theory and implementation, such as LDPC implementations
- Experience with space-based systems