IT Support Technician
San Francisco, CA /
Software, Networking, & IT – IT /
Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $350 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!
IT Support Technician
As an IT Support Technician you will be the first point of contact supporting our staff as we build the next generation of satellites to connect the world.
We have a diverse technical environment including Windows, Linux, and MacOS systems where you will have the opportunity to help define and improve processes related to deployment, maintenance, onboarding, and offboarding.
We are looking for someone who will not just get things done, but understands the importance of taking the time to follow best practices to ensure the security and scalability of our infrastructure.
- Assist with support tickets and escalate as needed
- Assist with large projects
- Set up and deploy equipment such as laptops, desktops, tablets, and peripherals
- Help with inventory managementOnboarding and offboarding
- Account management, troubleshooting, and password resets
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring additional teammates to our rapidly-growing team
- Skilled in troubleshooting technical issues
- Experience with Active Directory, Okta, Google or similar
- Experience with Virtualized Environments
- Experience with Windows and Linux
- Basic working knowledge of networking
- Familiarity with writing and/or maintaining scripts written in bash and powershell
- Highly motivated with an eye for improving processes through automation
- Able to perform duties autonomously without much supervision
- Don’t meet all the requirements? Not a problem. Please apply anyway
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Microsoft 365
- Experience with MacOS
- Experience with Ansible
- Familiarity with backup systems such as Veeam
- Comfortable with replacing hardware in laptops and desktops
- Knowledge of EAR regulations
U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.