San Francisco, CA /
Production & Manufacturing – Materials Management /
Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $350 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!
As the Inventory Manager for Astranis, you will play an integral role in keeping satellite development and production moving forward. As the first dedicated member of the inventory team, you will effectively be building and managing the entire internal supply chain (shipping, receiving, inventory, and material handling) yourself.
Your first goal will be to create processes to ensure accurate receiving, inventory storage and tracking, and supply of thousands components to a diverse group of end users throughout the factory. You will also own the buildout of processes and systems for receiving urgent part deliveries, maintaining and correcting electronics records, packaging critical components for internal and off-site delivery, and inspecting incoming material for quality. This will require extreme self-starting capability and scrappiness.
If you love logistics, enjoy being hands-on, and welcome the challenge of building a program from the ground up - this role is for you!
- Create processes and specify and rollout systems for receiving, inventory, and material movement.
- Maintain the integrity of virtual and physical inventory systems through regular updates based on goods received, parts outgoing, and transfers.
- Take ownership of all incoming freight, standard carrier deliveries (UPS, USPS, FedEx, etc.), and internally-produced parts for put-away into the correct location.
- Ensure outgoing materials and shipments are packaged securely according to engineering specification, labeled correctly, and sent on-schedule.
- Execute scheduled inventory cycle counts on weekly, quarterly, and yearly cadences and make any necessary adjustments to virtual inventory records.
- Coordinate with the team on parts requiring inspection: pull parts from receiving, route to appropriate workcenter, and transfer back post-inspection (or put into controlled hold).
- Hire and directly manage a small team of receiving and inventory personnel.
- Engage with cross-functional stakeholders in an organized, adaptive way, demonstrating an ability to work through shifting priorities while emphasizing process and taking broader company priorities into account.
- Communicate clearly and effectively regarding the status of tasks, progress blockers, and potential risks to project schedules.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3+ years of professional experience in inventory or logistics.
- Valid California driver license.
- Ability to lift, load, and deliver physical materials/equipment using pallet jacks and other equipment.
- Schedule flexibility to work outside normal working hours (early mornings, late nights, and weekends) as required to meet program schedule.
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering field.
- Experience in building an inventory program from the ground up, including process definition and system specification and rollout.
- Experience managing inventory in a manufacturing or production environment such as aerospace, medical devices, consumer products, etc.
- Certified forklift driver.
- Management experience, directly leading a team of 2+ individuals.
- Ability to write SQL queries and create and maintain dashboards and reports.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software systems such as NetSuite or SAP.
- Experience with Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES).
U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.