San Francisco, CA /
Business Operations & Finance – Facilities /
Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $350 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!
As the Lab Manager at Astranis, you will be responsible for the build-out, organization, maintenance, and day-to-day operations of our hardware lab. You’ll get to work with a wide array of equipment, from pressure gauges to oscilloscopes to laser cutters. You’ll help us find the best equipment for our satellite manufacturing lab and you’ll make sure it stays working.
- Lab organization, management, and workflow design (for R&D and Production cleanroom)
- Creating and enforcing lab procedures and cleanliness/organization standards
- Lab equipment purchasing, management, maintenance, and rentals
- Inventory management
- Manufacturing operations and quality assurance
- Champion inter-departmental, work instruction, bringup, and test processes and procedures while also driving efficiencies, quality compliance, and continuous improvement
- Note that this is NOT a people manager role. While there may be opportunities to grow this role into one with direct reports in the future, this position currently does not involve managing a team.
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering, or equivalent technical degree
- Start-up mentality — ability to work in an ambiguous environment and bring order out of chaos
- Develop and champion structured Product Development disciplines within the prototype/production manufacturing function, ensure the Change Management processes are well understood, and used throughout the organization
- Experience with space or other high- reliability hardware
- Experience with Thermal Vacuum, and Vibration, instrumentation and test processes
- A passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development
- Demonstrated ability to manage lab and/or production facility facilities, equipment, and operations
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
- Strong communication skills
- US Citizenship or Green Card
U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.