Spacecraft Systems & Test Engineer
San Francisco, CA
U.S. CITIZENSHIP OR GREEN CARD REQUIRED
(Note: This is due to U.S. export regulations, and we are unable to make exceptions.)
Four billion people do not have access to the internet. Astranis is going to change that. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost telecommunications satellites to bring the world online.
Come work with incredibly smart people who have flown things in space before. No prior space experience needed, you just need to enjoy getting your hands dirty with real hardware and be okay with struggling to do things that seem impossibly hard.
We’re a well-funded team of over 100 world-class engineers that move fast. We raised our Series B ($90M) from Andreessen Horowitz and Venrock, launched our first satellite in 2018, secured our first major customer deal in 2019, and we’ll triple the satellite internet capacity of Alaska in 2021.
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
- Work with design engineers to develop and execute test plans and procedures for spacecraft components at all levels of assembly, including fully-built, flight-ready spacecraft.
- Ensure that test plans cover all necessary functions to demonstrate the components will meet their requirements.
- Analyze and draw conclusions from test results.
- Troubleshoot test failures.
- Operate test equipment, manage test facilities, and troubleshoot test failures and breakdowns.
- Design electrical and/or mechanical fixturing to support unit and spacecraft tests.
- Flow test results and observations back to engineers to inform future design and operational changes.
- Build and test operations procedures to be used during final integration, ground test, and flight.
- B.S. in aerospace engineering, electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or equivalent technical degree
- Experience developing spacecraft component and assembly test plans/procedures
- Experience executing environmental tests on spacecraft and components
- Experience with test data acquisition, storage, processing, and presentation
- Comfort with adapting to and overcoming test failures while capturing lessons learned from them
- Experience with an object oriented programming language (bonus for Python skill in test equipment interfaces or data analysis)
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria.
- Ability to design and lay out printed circuit boards to support testing
- Ability to design and manufacture mechanical test fixtures and skill gathering requirements from design engineers
- Strong analog/mixed-signal circuit skills
- Knowledge of space radiation effects on semiconductors
- Experience with automated bench testing
- Experience with electromechanical systems
- Experience with testing in space environments
- Direct hands-on experience operating spacecraft