Supply Chain Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Business Operations & Finance – Supply Chain /
Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $350 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!
- Manage the “life cycle” of component procurement, from the earliest stages of vendor selection all the way to when the component is being installed in the spacecraft.
- Work with engineering teams on sourcing strategy, supplier roadmaps, market analysis and conducting design and cost trade-off analyses to ensure quality, pricing, and delivery standards are met.
- Responsible for sourcing to help Astranis meet its plans for scaling and cost.
- Analyze current spend and evaluate current suppliers. Consolidate spend across supply base to create leverage, analyze purchasing trends and develop sourcing alternatives. Identify new high potential suppliers.
- Owner of RFI's, RFP's and RFQ's - ensuring all commercial terms are agreed and documented.
- Negotiate NDA, SOW's and Master Purchase Agreement are positioned appropriately before business is initiated.
- Evaluate and provide guidance on final selection of suppliers; Perform value analysis for final selection of suppliers.
- Address all areas of category management including category business plans, global market and pricing analysis and procurement support.
- Monitor current category market conditions, technology roadmaps and identify supply/demand challenges & opportunities.
- Develop sourcing and negotiation strategies that deliver against business objectives and achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers.
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring additional teammates to our rapidly-growing team.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, supply chain, or a similar discipline (comparable experience).
- 4+ years of work experience in procurement, manufacturing, or related supply chain disciplines
- Incredibly detail-oriented — the type of person who loves high-volume logistics and is hyper-organized
- Ability to effectively communicate with engineering teams
- Experience experience with BOMs, ECOs, document management and workflow
- US Citizenship or Green Card (Note: This is due to U.S. export regulations, and we are unable to make exceptions.)
- Experience with hardware manufacturing
- Experience with enterprise resource planning and inventory / asset management systems
- Ability to read technical drawings and data sheets
U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.