Senior Electrical Engineer — Power Electronics
San Francisco, CA /
Astranis was founded in 2015 with the goal of connecting the four billion people in the world who do not have access to the internet. We improve access to internet connectivity by making smaller and more powerful satellites at a fraction of the cost and 5 times faster than our competitors.
Come join the world class team filled with subject matter experts who have demonstrated success in addressing a market that is untapped! Our commitment is backed by our most recent Series C funding of $250M along with the passion and hearts that drive Astranis.
Apply to be a part of our mission to connect the world!
- Technical ownership of design of kW-level power systems for our satellites
- Manage and control key components such as solar panel arrays, power regulation and distribution, and high-density batteries
- Integrate these systems into the spacecraft by working closely with the rest of the team
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- A passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development
- Experience in designing, building, and testing analog and digital circuits
- Experience with kW level power electronics (DC-DC conversion, AC-DC conversion, etc)
- Experience with PCB thermal considerations
- Mastery of electrical CAD (Altium preferred, but not required)
- EMI/EMC experience
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria.
- Experience with designing for fault tolerance, especially to withstand a radiation environment
- Experience with design, layout, and bring-up of large chips, including 1000 pin BGA MCUs and FPGAs
- Experience with power distribution networks for high frequency applications
- Familiarity with embedded programming
- Electromechanical design experience
- Experience with galvanic isolation
- Experience with photovoltaics
- Experience with Li-ion batteries and chargers
- Experience with magnetics in power electronics
U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.