Power Electronics Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Electronics & Electrical Engineering – Power Systems /
Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $350 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!
Power Electronics Engineer
As an Electrical Engineer on the Power team you will leverage your experience to design and build space compatible power systems. This may include but is not limited to: simulating circuits, designing, research and development to propose systems, revising existing designs, and ownership of hardware while performing validation testing.
- Technical ownership of design of kW-level power systems for our satellites
- Manage and control key components such as solar panel arrays, power regulation and distribution, and high-density batteries
- Integrate these systems into the spacecraft by working closely with the engineering team
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring additional teammates to our rapidly-growing team.
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering or similar technical degree
- A passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development
- Experience in designing, building, and testing analog and digital circuits
- Experience with kW level power electronics (DC-DC conversion, AC-DC conversion, etc)
- Strong knowledge and experience with Altium
- EMI/EMC experience
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria.
- Experience with designing for fault tolerance, especially to withstand a radiation environment
- Experience with design, layout, and bring-up of large chips, including 1000 pin BGA MCUs and FPGAs
- Experience with power distribution networks for high frequency applications
- Familiarity with embedded programming
- Experience with Li-ion batteries and chargers
U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.