Senior RF Engineer
San Francisco, CA
U.S. CITIZENSHIP OR GREEN CARD REQUIRED
(Note: This is due to U.S. export regulations, and we are unable to make exceptions.)
Four billion people do not have access to the internet. Astranis is going to change that. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost telecommunications satellites to bring the world online.
Come work with incredibly smart people who have flown things in space before. No prior space experience needed, you just need to enjoy getting your hands dirty with real hardware and be okay with struggling to do things that seem impossibly hard.
We’re a well-funded team of over 100 world-class engineers that move fast. We raised our Series B ($90M) from Andreessen Horowitz and Venrock, launched our first satellite in 2018, secured our first major customer deal in 2019, and we’ll triple the satellite internet capacity of Alaska in 2021.
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
- Design, simulate, implement, and measure passive/active RF sub-systems at microwave frequencies, including; LNAs, power amplifiers, up/down converters, oscillators, antennas, etc.
- Integrate these systems into the spacecraft by working closely with the rest of the team
- Specify, procure, and track third party vendor hardware
- Mentor junior engineers and develop/improve internal engineering practices
- 5+ years of experience in RF design (graduate school included)
- Passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development
- Deep knowledge of basic RF concepts, such as transmission lines, impedance matching, filter design, and active circuits
- Hands-on experience in designing, building, and testing RF hardware for microwave frequencies
- Experience with RF simulation tools
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria.
- MS or PhD in electrical engineering, physics, applied physics, or equivalent
- Antennas and Electromagnetics propagation knowledge and background
- Experience with PCB design, layout and simulation
- Experience with designing high reliability electronics for harsh environments such as space
- Experience with Software Defined Radios and associated skillset