Electrical Test Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Production & Manufacturing – Manufacturing and Test Engineering /
Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $350 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!
Electrical Test Engineer
As an electrical test engineer at Astranis, you will be responsible for developing, designing, and implementing tests and test systems (ground support equipment) for all the custom electronics on our spacecraft. You'll prove that our suite of power, analog, digital, and RF designs work across environments to guarantee success on orbit.
- Develop and design automated hardware and software solutions to test+validate electronics hardware
- Design PCBA's to interface with flight hardware
- Write software in Python to control bench equipment, devices under test, and other test hardware
- Work closely with the design team to provide feedback and insight through qualification and acceptance process
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring additional teammates to our rapidly-growing team.
- B.S. or M.S. in electrical or computer engineering, or equivalent technical degree
- A passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development
- Comfort with ambiguity and turning high-level requirements into clear design/test objectives
- Hands-on experience using electrical test equipment (multimeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc.)
- Experience with debugging circuits with embedded software, from oscilloscope to scripting
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria.
- Understanding and experience in environmental testing such as vibration, shock, thermal, burn-in, and TVAC
- Experience using Altium Designer
- Experience using Python
- Experience with designing and building electrical harnesses and connectors
- Experience automating tests, test equipment, or similar instrumentation
U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.