RF System Engineer Intern (Spring 2023)
San Francisco, CA /
Electronics & Electrical Engineering – Payload /
Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $350 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!
Internships at Astranis typically last for twelve weeks, and are hourly roles designed for students who are currently enrolled at a four-year university. As an Intern, you will have an amazing opportunity to work on hard problems — we pride ourselves on giving everyone at Astranis a chance to do meaningful work on challenging projects, no matter their seniority. Many past interns have designed and tested hardware/software that is heading to space on our first satellite, and many of them are now full-time employees at Astranis. If you have already graduated from a four-year university, please apply to be an Associate Engineer.
- System budgeting of gain, noise, linearity, distortion, interference, capacity (link budgeting)
- Test planning and execution at the integrated system level as well as board level
- Architectural trades and a range of design decisions all the way down the the component/circuit level
- RF system level design and budgeting
- RF testing and test design
- Highly organized and process oriented
- Strong technical communication skills (oral and written)
- Familiar with analog/RF components and associated impairments
- Familiar with software development (Python, and some C/C++), and fast to learn new tools
- A passion for working in a fast-paced environment and constantly learning
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria.
- Familiarity with satellite radio systems (ground segment and/or space segment)
- Comfortable with software, especially Python, git
- Experience designing Antenna/RF hardware (RFIC, RF board-level circuit)
- Familiarity with satellite waveforms and modems (DVB-S2/x, DVB-RCS2)
U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.