Electrical Engineer — Radio Hardware
San Francisco, CA
U.S. CITIZENSHIP OR GREEN CARD REQUIRED
(Note: This is due to U.S. export regulations, and we are unable to make exceptions.)
Four billion people do not have access to the internet. Astranis is going to change that. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost telecommunications satellites to bring the world online.
Come work with incredibly smart people who have flown things in space before. No prior space experience needed, you just need to enjoy getting your hands dirty with real hardware and be okay with struggling to do things that seem impossibly hard.
We’re a well-funded team of over 100 world-class engineers that move fast. We raised our Series B ($90M) from Andreessen Horowitz and Venrock, launched our first satellite in 2018, secured our first major customer deal in 2019, and we’ll triple the satellite internet capacity of Alaska in 2021.
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
- Work on the full suite of radio hardware
- Design and test ultra high speed digital data systems
- Work with state of the art FPGAs and data converters
- Design and lay out PCBs to implement these systems
- Test and validate full radio signal chain
- Integrate these systems into the spacecraft by working closely with the rest of the team
- B.S. or M.S. in electrical or computer engineering, or equivalent technical degree
- A passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development
- Demonstrated ability to personally design, build, and test hardware from scratch
- Experience with Altium or similar EDA tools
- Experience with high-density PCB design
- Experience designing high speed clock trees
- Strong analog/mixed-signal circuit design skills
- Comfortable working with full RF signal chain
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria.
- Familiarity with radio nonidealities (HD, IMD, IQ imbalance, gain ripple, group delay distortion)
- Familiarity with data converter nonidealities (INL, DNL, HD, quantization noise)
- Familiarity with high speed SERDES protocols (double bonus: JESD204B)
- Experience with RF test + measurement equipment
- Experience with high speed bench equipment (VNA, TDR, BERT, etc)
- Experience with MentorGraphics HyperLynx, Cadence Sigrity, Ansys HFSS or similar signal integrity tools
- Experience modeling trace/interconnect loss and compensation