Intern — Electrical Engineering (Fall 2020/Spring 2021)
San Francisco, CA
U.S. CITIZENSHIP OR GREEN CARD REQUIRED
(Note: This is due to U.S. export regulations, and we are unable to make exceptions.)
Four billion people do not have access to the internet. Astranis is going to change that. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost telecommunications satellites to bring the world online.
Come work with incredibly smart people who have flown things in space before. No prior space experience needed, you just need to enjoy getting your hands dirty with real hardware and be okay with struggling to do things that seem impossibly hard.
We’re a well-funded team of over 100 world-class engineers that move fast. We raised our Series B ($90M) from Andreessen Horowitz and Venrock, launched our first satellite in 2018, secured our first major customer deal in 2019, and we’ll triple the satellite internet capacity of Alaska in 2021.
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
- This posting covers working with the payload, avionics, and power systems teams at Astranis
- Work on a hardware engineering team to build and test flight hardware
- Design test equipment to validate designs across a wide range of stressed conditions
- Bringup and debug designs in the lab
- Write code to help evaluate performance and automate testing of satellite hardware
- Coordinate assembly, integration and environmental test efforts
- Currently pursuing a B.S. or M.S. or Ph.D. in electrical or computer engineering (or equivalent technical degree)
- A passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development
- Demonstrated ability to personally design, build, and test hardware from scratch
- US Citizenship or Green Card
- Experience with Altium Designer (or other PCB design software)
- Experience with SPICE-based simulators (LTSpice, PSPICE, ADS, etc)
- Experience with Python
- Comfortable with soldering and rework
- Familiarity with standard EE lab bench (power supply, oscilloscope, multimeter, etc)