Senior Electrical Engineer - Radio Hardware
San Francisco, CA /
Electronics & Electrical Engineering – Payload /
Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $350 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!
Senior Radio Hardware Engineer
As a Senior Radio Hardware Engineer at Astranis you will be responsible for the leading the architecture, design, qualification, and test of our custom software defined radios. We're looking for people who are comfortable taking ownership of state of the art high speed hardware. If you think of signals in volts, bits, and dB's, this is the role for you! You will work closely with the RTL, Comms, and RF teams to help design the best possible radio systems for our payload and other radio systems. As a senior engineer, you will also be expected to act as a technical and career mentor to the junior hardware engineers on the team.
- Architect, design and test ultra high speed digital data systems
- Work with state of the art FPGAs and data converters
- Test and validate full radio signal chain: baseband, RF, and Antenna
- Integrate these systems into the spacecraft by working closely with the rest of the team
- Lead and mentor junior hardware engineers to guide their career growth
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring additional teammates to our rapidly-growing team
- B.S. or higher in electrical or computer engineering, or similar technical degree
- 8+ years of professional experience in high-speed digital and mixed-signal hardware design
- 8+ years of PCB-level experience designing hardware from concept through production
- A passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development
- Demonstrated ability to personally design, build, and test hardware from scratch
- Experience with Altium or similar EDA tools and high-density PCB design
- Strong analog/mixed-signal circuit design skills
- Comfortable working with full RF signal chain
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria.
- Familiarity with radio nonidealities (HD, IMD, IQ imbalance, gain ripple, group delay distortion)
- Familiarity with high speed SERDES protocols
- Experience with RF test + measurement equipment
- Experience with digital communications
U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.