Intern/Associate Engineer — Electrical Engineer (Power Electronics)
San Francisco, CA /
Internships – Internships /
Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $350 million to date. We are have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply to be a part of our mission to connect the world!
- Work with the power engineering team to build and test flight hardware
- Design test equipment to validate designs across a wide range of stressed conditions
- Bringup and debug designs in the lab
- Write code to help evaluate performance and automate testing of satellite hardware
- Coordinate assembly, integration and environmental test efforts
- Currently pursuing a B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in electrical or computer engineering (or equivalent technical degree)
- Interest in learning about, designing, and working with power electronics systems
- A passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development
- Experience with Python
- Demonstrated ability to personally design, build, and test hardware from scratch
- US Citizenship or Green Card
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria.
- Experience with Altium Designer (or other PCB design software)
- Experience with SPICE-based simulators (LTSpice, PSPICE, ADS, etc)
- Comfortable with soldering and rework
- Familiarity with standard EE lab bench (power supply, oscilloscope, multimeter, etc)
- Familiarity with basic switched mode converter design (boost and buck converters)
Availabilities for Winter, Spring, and Summer 2021
U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.