San Francisco, CA
US CITIZENSHIP OR GREEN CARD REQUIRED
(Note: this is due to US export regulations. Sorry, we are unable to make exceptions.)
We’re building small, low-cost telecommunications satellites. Our mission is to help bring the 4 billion people online who are without internet. And to pull it off we have to reinvent microwave radio systems in space using software-defined radios.
Work with incredibly smart people who have flown things in space before. We are a well-funded team that moves fast. No prior space experience needed, you just need to enjoy getting your hands dirty with real hardware and be ok with struggling to do things that seem impossibly hard.
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the whole world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to come join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
- Design, build, test, and operate geostationary satellite monopropellant and electric propulsion systems
- System sizing
- Component selection
- Vendor management
- Analysis including plume impingement, water hammer, pressure drop, and thermal
- Test plan generation
- Concept of operation development
- Bachelor of Science degree in a technical discipline (e.g. engineering, physics)
- 3+ years of industry experience with spacecraft propulsion
- Demonstrated experience in designing, implementing, testing, and operating spacecraft propulsion systems
- A passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and doing hands-on design/development
- US Citizenship or Green Card
- Experience with low thrust trajectories
- Experience with geostationary spacecraft operations
- Experience with small satellites