San Francisco, CA /
Electronics & Electrical Engineering – Payload /
Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $350 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!
As an FPGA Engineer you’ll be responsible for the architecture, the design, the verification, and test of RTL designs for the FPGAs that go into the spacecraft. You will work closely with the software, DSP and hardware teams to achieve design requirements.
- Design RTL for high data rate, software defined radios
- Work with multiple FPGAs and toolchains
- Interface FPGAs with high speed data converters, memories, MCUs
- Design, implement and test radiation mitigation schemes on FPGA
- Collaborate closely with DSP/radio algorithm designer
- Collaborate closely with embedded firmware and software engineers
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring additional teammates to our rapidly-growing team.
- US Citizenship or Green Card (This is a legal requirement; no exceptions)
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering, computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent
- A passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development
- Experience in designing, implementing, and testing high throughput systems implemented on FPGAs
- Strong proficiency with Verilog (preferably SystemVerilog) for both synthesis and verification
- Experience with modern communication systems (RF, IF/IQ, time/freq domains, modulation)
- MS or PhD in computer engineering or equivalent
- Considerable expertise in at least 1 domain beyond just the logic design. This could be DSP/radio design, software, hi-rel design (e.g. fault analysis & recover), etc.
- Experience with Xilinx FPGAs
- Experience with Vivado IDE, TCL
- Familiarity with system level estimates and implications of power, thermal, and real estate
- Experience with high speed data converters (ADCs, DACs, JESD204B)
- Experience with circuit level debugging
- Experience with digital communication theory and implementation, such as LDPC implementations
- Experience with space-based systems
U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.