San Francisco, CA
U.S. CITIZENSHIP OR GREEN CARD REQUIRED
(Note: This is due to U.S. export regulations, and we are unable to make exceptions.)
Four billion people do not have access to the internet. Astranis is going to change that. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost telecommunications satellites to bring the world online.
Come work with incredibly smart people who have flown things in space before. No prior space experience needed, you just need to enjoy getting your hands dirty with real hardware and be okay with struggling to do things that seem impossibly hard.
We’re a well-funded team of over 60 world-class engineers that moves fast. We raised our Series A from Andreessen Horowitz in 2017, launched our first satellite in 2018, secured our first major customer deal in 2019, and we’ll triple the satellite internet capacity of Alaska in 2020.
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
- Identify, create and execute initiatives to improve business operations across all disciplines listed above—and any more you can dream up
- Establish and manage ongoing, sustainable processes to help our company scale from ~80 to 200+ employees
- Provide operational support for our spacecraft and technology development programs as needed
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring additional teammates to our rapidly-growing Operations team
- Create your own role after identifying what our organization needs and prioritizing your initiative creation / process development accordingly
- 3+ years working in an operational or similarly highly cross-functional role
- Comfortable working in a busy, ever-changing environment and helping bring order to chaos
- Strong reasoning and analytical abilities
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once and prioritize accordingly
- Strong communication skills
- Available to work full-time, in person, in downtown San Francisco
- US Citizenship or Green Card