Founding Algorithm Engineer
At Astrus, we are using AI to automate microchip design, starting with the biggest bottleneck, analog layout. We are on a mission to radically improve global computation and empower chip designers to create the world's most advanced microchips with AI. We are backed by top-tier VC firms: Khosla Ventures and 1517 Fund.
About the Role
As the Founding Algorithms Engineer at Astrus, you will spearhead the development of our core algorithms that are pivotal in automating microchip design. 🚀 This role is a blend of deep technical expertise and innovation, focusing on creating and optimizing algorithms like the router, transistor matching, and parasitic extraction. Working closely with the broader AI team, you will play a key role in driving forward our AI-driven design tools, ensuring they operate with high efficiency and precision.
Your role is crucial in our mission to transform chip design, requiring proficiency in low-level programming languages like Rust or C++. You will start as an individual contributor, laying the technical groundwork and progressively assuming leadership responsibilities as you guide the development of our algorithmic infrastructure.
Our AI will need to play millions, possibly hundreds of millions of layout games in order to learn, reducing the runtime of these algorithms is critical to the overall success of Astrus.
Examples of Algorithmic Challenges
Router: An algorithm that connects components with wires. Sophisticated minimum spanning trees using polygons as graph elements and also satisfy manufacturing constraints.
Parasitics Extraction: An algorithm that computes resistance and capacitance based on the geometry and electrical properties of the generated layouts.
Transistor Matching: An algorithm that optimizes bin packing for weaving transistors together.
What you will do
- Develop high-performance algorithms for our algorithmic challenges in Rust or C++.
- Optimize algorithms for speed and efficiency, ensuring they meet the high-performance demands of microchip design.
- Collaborate with the broader AI team to integrate these algorithms seamlessly into the AI- system.
- Engage in system profiling to identify and resolve performance bottlenecks.
- Stay abreast of the latest advancements in algorithmic design and high-performance computing to continually enhance our tools.
Who you are
- You are aligned with our core values and are excited about our mission. Astrus Core Values
- An experienced engineer in developing high-performance systems, particularly using Rust or C++.
- Interested in electrical engineering, circuits, or semiconductors, with a desire to apply your skills in these areas.
- Bonus points for a background in electrical engineering or a related field.
- Bonus points for familiarity with AI and machine learning concepts, particularly in the context of high-performance computing.
$180,000 - $180,000 a year
To reflect this high level of responsibility and impact, we will issue generous stock options. 3% of Astrus, ~10x industry standard.
Ready to radically improve global computation? 🚀📈🌎 🤖