Senior Research Associate, Biology
Cambridge, MA /
Atavistik Bio is a new, privately-held biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for metabolic diseases and cancer. Our high-throughput platform for the unbiased identification of metabolite-protein interactions will enable the discovery of first-in-class drugs inspired and empowered by nature’s own mechanisms of allosteric control. Our unique approach marries this validated platform with structure-aided drug design capabilities and cutting-edge insights into the regulation of metabolic systems to apply to genetically validated targets.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, intellectually curious and highly motivated biologist to join our growing Biology team. The biology team is responsible for characterizing novel metabolite/protein interactions in a wide range of cell-based assays to better understand their therapeutic potential.
- Design and execute cell-based experiments to validate potential therapeutic targets for a wide range of indications
- Work cross-functionally with other scientists to screen compounds and to trace metabolic pathways
- Clearly communicate and present scientific findings to the company and to smaller project teams
- Work both independently and with their supervisor to troubleshoot and design experiments
- Read relevant publications to bring in and establish pertinent assays and techniques
- As an early employee, a key responsibility will be to help establish a positive culture and collaborative lab environment
- Moderate to strong expertise in mammalian cell culture
- Experience in standard cell biology and molecular techniques including western blotting, qPCR, transfections, viral transduction and viability assays
- Experience in compound testing and assay development in multi-well plates
- Comfortable with data analysis software such as Prism
- Bachelor’s in biology or related field with 2+ years of relevant laboratory experience
- Master’s in biotechnology or related field plus 2+ years of experience.
- Experience probing metabolic pathways using cell-based assays
- Able to quickly assimilate new information, literature data, and brainstorm with the team
- Highly organized and can help establish best practices and standard protocols for subsequent hires
Atavistik Bio offers competitive compensation, including stock options, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and a flexible spending account for dependent care.
Atavistik Bio is proud to be an inclusive employer and all individuals seeking employment with us are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.