Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist, Biophysics
Cambridge, MA /
Atavistik Bio is a new, privately-held biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for metabolic diseases and cancer. Our high-throughput platform for the unbiased identification of metabolite-protein interactions will enable the discovery of first-in-class drugs inspired and empowered by nature’s own mechanisms of allosteric control. Our unique approach marries this validated platform with structure-aided drug design capabilities and cutting-edge insights into the regulation of metabolic systems to apply to genetically validated targets.
We are looking for a self-driven and creative biophysicist with a focus on characterizing small molecules interactions with biomolecules (protein, RNA, DNA etc.). As a startup company, this is a great opportunity to collaboratively build and contribute to the drugging strategy. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in assay development, an in-depth understanding of biophysics and biochemistry, and experience with small molecule drug discovery programs. The individual will play a central role in close coordination with internal scientists and collaboratively enable new projects for drug discovery.
- Lead biophysics activities by hands-on contribution and by partnering with CROs to drive drug discovery projects.
- Independently design and develop SPR (Biacore) and other quantitative biophysical assays for hit finding and hit validation
- Investigate binding kinetics, thermodynamic properties with an emphasis on KD determination and mechanism of action elucidation for small molecule interactions (i.e. binding competition, allostery, ternary complex modulation, etc.)
- Troubleshoot experiments, optimize assays to enable them for compound screening
- Organize, manage, and analyze experimental data. Present results at cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with diverse project teams internally to champion lead discovery and progression of small molecules
- MS with 8-10 years or BS with 14-16 years or Ph.D. with 5-7 years of industry experience in small molecule drug discovery
- Extensive experience in SPR (Biacore) and additional binding assay development (ITC, NMR, DSF, SAXS, DLS, SLS, MST, etc.)
- Assay optimization, kinetics, mechanism of action studies, early discovery compound screening (fragments, HTS etc.) and profiling
- Knowledge of enzymology and biochemical assay development using common readout formats (Fluorescence, TR-FRET, AlphaLISA, etc.) and protein structural analysis is a plus
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills to work on the project team with biologists, chemists, and metabolism scientists
- Highly organized, self-motivated with the desire to succeed
For immediate consideration please share your CV complete with a full list of publications.
Atavistik Bio offers competitive compensation, including stock options, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and a flexible spending account for dependent care.
Atavistik Bio is proud to be an inclusive employer and all individuals seeking employment with us are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.