Cambridge, MA /
Chemical Sciences /
Atavistik Bio is a new, privately-held biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for metabolic diseases and cancer. Our high-throughput platform for the unbiased identification of metabolite-protein interactions will enable the discovery of first-in-class drugs inspired and empowered by nature’s own mechanisms of allosteric control. Our unique approach marries this validated platform with structure-aided drug design capabilities and cutting-edge insights into the regulation of metabolic systems to apply to genetically validated targets.
We are looking for a talented and self-driven individual that will be responsible for laboratory compound management and sampling. As a new company, this is a great opportunity to build an efficient compound management system from scratch while being part of an exciting new start-up. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in laboratory information management, automation and compound management skills having a track record of working with small molecule drug discovery programs. The individual will play a central role in collaborating with both internal and CRO researchers in enabling new projects for drug discovery.
- Perform compound management tasks including purchasing, registration, inventory and tracking of compounds. In addition, provide manual transfer and weighing of compounds in powder format, compound dissolution, and preparation of compound solutions in plated formats using both manual and automated systems
- Provide support for platform screening and drug discovery efforts using automation, liquid handling and inventory management tools
- Generate compound plates needed for platform or biochemical assays
- Maintain electronic lab notebooks for documentation
- Develop methods for liquid handlers, tube sorters, barcode readers and other automation
- Work closely with IT to identify and implement process changes to streamline throughput, including the introduction of process automation
- Collaborate with scientists from multiple disciplines, internal and external, to enable new processes
- Maintain laboratory instruments in good operating condition and perform basic troubleshooting
- Supervising associates may be required
- MS/BS in chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemistry or a related scientific discipline, with >5 years of compound management experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical setting
- Extensive experience with laboratory software and automation including sample lists, inventory and registration
- Experience in liquid sample handling and plates preparation
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills to work on the project team with chemists, biologists and metabolism scientists.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and desire to succeed in a fast-paced organization
Atavistik Bio offers competitive compensation, including stock options, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and a flexible spending account for dependent care.
For immediate consideration, please share your CV complete with a full publication record.
Atavistik Bio is proud to be an inclusive employer and all individuals seeking employment with us are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.