Cambridge, MA /
Metabolomics & Protein Sciences /
Atavistik Bio is a new, privately-held biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for metabolic diseases and cancer. Our high-throughput platform for the unbiased identification of metabolite-protein interactions will enable the discovery of first-in-class drugs inspired and empowered by nature’s own mechanisms of allosteric control. Our unique approach marries this validated platform with structure-aided drug design capabilities and cutting-edge insights into the regulation of metabolic systems to apply to genetically validated targets.
We are looking for a multitalented and self-driven individual that will be responsible for biochemical assay development and building deep understanding on metabolic enzymes. As a new company, this is a great opportunity to build the biochemistry function from scratch and contribute to the drugging strategy. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in assay development, in-depth understanding of mechanistic enzymology and experience with small molecule drug discovery programs. The individual will play a central role in collaborating with both internal and CRO researchers in enabling new projects for drug discovery.
- Overall responsibility for leading and hands-on execution for biochemical assay development and mechanistic study of enzymes
- Design, optimize, and validate biochemical and binding assays for target enablement
- Deep kinetic and mechanistic characterization of metabolic enzymes and small molecule modulators
- Troubleshoot protein expression and purification protocols for optimal biochemical activity
- Organize, manage and analyze experiments and data coming from external CROs
- Collaborate with diverse project teams internally to champion lead discovery and progression of small molecules
- Analyze and present results at cross-functional teams
- PhD or BS/MS in Enzymology, Biochemistry, Biophysics or a related scientific discipline, with 3-5 years (PhD) or 7-10 years (MS/BS) of drug discovery experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical setting
- Extensive experience in biochemical and binding assay development with a variety of readout formats
- Experience in mechanistic enzymology, kinetics, and in-depth characterization of small molecule modulator interactions
- Expertise in protein purification and optimization relevant for biochemical activity
- Knowledge of biophysical methods (SPR, ITC, etc.) is preferred
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills to work on the project team with biologists, chemists and metabolism scientists
- Highly organized, self-motivated with the desire to succeed in a fast-paced organization
Atavistik Bio offers competitive compensation, including stock options, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and a flexible spending account for dependent care.
For immediate consideration please share your CV complete with a full list of publications.
Atavistik Bio is proud to be an inclusive employer and all individuals seeking employment with us are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.